cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 caching contents of Domino groups

Andy_H
Level 3
Hello all,

I have a very strange problem with an EV8 SP1 Lotus Domino environment.

Provisioning is based on Domino groups which works fine.  However, if a user is removed from the Domino group (on the Domino server) the change is not reflected in the provisioning report immediately.  EV still thinks that user is a member of the Domino group even though they are not.

Even when the EV services, Domino Gateway and SQL server are all re-started, EV has cached the contents of the group somewhere.  New additions to the group are picked up immediately but deletions are not.

The same applies with permissions on an archive, if a Domino group has permissions to a particular vault and that permission is then revoked on the Domino server, this change is not effective straight away in EV.

Is this a bug or is there a simple way of reseting the contents on this 'cache'?

Thanks.

Andy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Andy

EV uses the Domino server in the Properties of the Domino domain.  Under Targets/Domino.
You can change this to be any other Domino server, just make sure the ID has the proper access to it.

John

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Maverik
Level 6
I believe this is working correctly.  I am not a dominio guy and done little work with Ev and dominio but the same would occur with Exchange and Active directory, until you ran provisioning again and synced the mailboxes for permissions.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Genie is correct, nothing will happen until the Provisioning task has run again, you can force it, or you can just wait for the scheduled time.  the Provisioning task also applies updated DominoMailbox/Desktop policy settings to mailboxes.

Andy_H
Level 3
I'm sorry but I disagree, I think something else is responsible for updating the groups in EV.

If I run the provisioning task in Normal Mode, the contents of the group is NOT updated.

Another test I did was to rename the group on the Domino Server but the groups listing in the EV 'Add directory groups' dialog is still showing the old name.

Run the provisioning task - the group name is not updated.

After approximately 1 hour, the group name had updated in EV (I did nothing and provisioning had not run again).

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Andy

Well that is the way it works, so if you are seeing something different then I suggest you log a case with support so it can be looked at.

I just tried everything you did above and the change/s were updated into EV once the provisioning task was run in normal mode, and the Provisioning report replected this - apart from the EV Add Directory groups dialog - this happened straight away, as it queries the NAB directly for this information.
EV looks at the NAB's for most of this information, including Groups, membership of groups - possibly EV is looking at a NAB that hasn't got the information about the change yet.

For permissions it opens the NSF directly and syncs the security information.  The permissions listed in the Vault Console, when viewed are coming from SQL server.

John

Andy_H
Level 3
Hi John,

Thanks for the info.

We have 3 Domino servers (two are clustered so changes are replicated instantly), the other Domino server in the domain is set on a replication schedule.  How do I know which Domino server EV is looking at for the NAB, I always thought it was the directory server setting that controlled this (specified in the location document on the Lotus Notes client installed on the EVDG).

Andy

Andy_H
Level 3
Ok, I have confirmed it is looking at the wrong Domino server, this just so happens to be the first server I added in EV.  Any ideas how I can change which server it looks at for the NAB?

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Andy

EV uses the Domino server in the Properties of the Domino domain.  Under Targets/Domino.
You can change this to be any other Domino server, just make sure the ID has the proper access to it.

John

Andy_H
Level 3
Perfect, thank you very much :)