Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 sp2 + Exchange 2007 sp3

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

Is there any known issues with exchange sp3 and EV 8 sp2 version? I know that when I previously installed Exchange 2007 sp3 on our Exchange CAS servers access to vault using OWA was broken and I needed to apply a hotfix from Enterprise Vault

also

What is the most recent service pack fro EV8?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Right click on an item in OWA, and you'll get a script error. 

You need to use EV 8 SP 3+HF, or EV 8 SP 4, EV 8 SP 5 OWA extensions.

Most recent service pack is EV 9.0.2

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Right click on an item in OWA, and you'll get a script error. 

You need to use EV 8 SP 3+HF, or EV 8 SP 4, EV 8 SP 5 OWA extensions.

Most recent service pack is EV 9.0.2

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Thanks Rob,

Is EV 9.0.2 just a service pack or a version upgrade? Are all EV8 customers entitled to this upgrade? Is it supported to upgrade directly from EV 8 sp2 to EV 9.0.2 ?

Thanks a million

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It's a version upgrade.

I believe so, but you should check with Customer Care.

Yes you can... according to the upgrade instructions in the 9.0.2 docs.

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Thanks Rob for your valuable help

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're welcome

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Hi Rob,

I upgraded my evserver to 8 sp4 and the outlook extensions on my two cas servers. Everything worked fine. I then installed Exchange 2007 sp3 on one of my CAS servers. I logged into OWA on my CAS servers afrer installing sp3 and the vault icons were gone. I reinstalled the 8 sp3 extensions and when I log in I now can see the vault icons, however when I try to open a vault item..I get

"The archived item is currently unavailable.If you choose to reply or forward,the content shown below will be included. Click here to review the item!

When I click on the message

I get another message with the http://path of message and message saying "the web site may not be trusted and may be used to collect personal information, such as username and password. are you sure you want to continue.

I click Yes and the email opens

Why is this now broken, I thought I took all the right steps by?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Applying an Exchange service pack on to a CAS removes the EV modifications that have taken place to the web.config file, and some other files.  So after the install you would need to then reinstall (and reconfigure) the EV OWA extensions.

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Thanks Rob,

I am having trouble now finding the details of those steps, could you direct me in the right direction please?

I have two CAS servers seperate to the mailbox servers

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Chapter 9, I think, in the Setting Up Exchange Server Archiving guide.

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Rob,

I re-ran the cscript owauser.wsf on the EV server and am still getting the error..

So I have now

installed 8 sp5 extensions

installed exchange 2007 sp3 on cas

reinstalled the 8 sp5 extensions

and run the owauser.wsf script

And still getting the same error

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You'll need to take a look at your web.config file, your environment, generate a log file for the login of the user, and post the results ...  or if it's quicker, and you're in a hurry, then you'd need to contact Support and they'll walk you through doing those things.

Celtic
Level 5
Partner

Rob,

I just disabled windows firewall and rebooted and its working ok now. Not sure if it was a windows firewall issue or if the reboot after I ran the script did it (Windows firewall was disabled before i installed the exchange sp3, but need to start it as sp3 will not install unless the windows firewall is turned on)

I am doing my second cas now so might know better with this install what caused the issue

Thanks for all your replies