cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV805 OWA 2007 Icons

al3b3d3v
Level 4

Hi everyone, I would like to understand why different users in my environment see different OWA screens.

Scenario: user 1 is on server1, user 2 on server2, user3 is on server1.

User1 sees all EV OWA icons, user 2 and user 3 do not. (user3 is on the same server as user1). 

Ive attached 2 screens one with just the help icon from an affected user, and the second from my owa screen where you see all buttons.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you sure that they do not have different policies assigned to them? To determine this do the following:-

1. Navigate to Targets - Exchange

2. Right click and select Display policies assigned to Mailboxes...

3. Either click Find to find policy assigned to all users or put in a search criteria to find the specific users

The OWA buttons visible are through the Desktop policy so do your users have different ones applied as expected?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6

Are you sure that they do not have different policies assigned to them? To determine this do the following:-

1. Navigate to Targets - Exchange

2. Right click and select Display policies assigned to Mailboxes...

3. Either click Find to find policy assigned to all users or put in a search criteria to find the specific users

The OWA buttons visible are through the Desktop policy so do your users have different ones applied as expected?

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Are you sure user2 and user3 are enable for Enterprise Vault?

If everything is correct at the level of the policy and enabled users, the I will obtain logs in the CAS as it seems that user2 and user3 are not loading the Enterprise Vault hidden message properly.

This is a very good technote directly related with your problem:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH68743

Kind regards.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6

They are enabled as if they were not enabled they would only see the search archives button and nothing else

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is this issue resolved?

Working for cloudficient.com

al3b3d3v
Level 4

I havent had a chance to work on this as I had other projects pending.

im going to read the technote in one of the above posts and post back, thank you for all the assistance this is a great resource for EV

al3b3d3v
Level 4

this is resolved please close thx

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

you can mark it as solved yourself, if one of the posts helped you