cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV80SP2 set-indexlocation backup Question

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
In my demo environment, I managed to use the powershell commands to set ev in backup/clear backup mode.

For the VaultStoreBackupMode, I can use a VaultStoreGroup to be set in backup mode (excellent!)
For the IndexLocationBackupMode, I cannot. Why??

I can set it for the site, but in my environment being able to set it for the indexlocations attached to the vsg would be very nice!

I now have to create a batch file (not a problem, but still) to set the specific indexlocations in backup.

Thanks.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Idea opened.
Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
I Think the same, but that's the actual organization: index concern all sites..., you can't have one index group for one site...

GertjanA
Hello,

We're going to use 2 vaultstoresgroups. 1 for the journalarchiving servers, 1 for the mailboxarchivingservers.
I cannot have journalarchiving not taking place during the day. This will overload my journalmailboxes on exchange.

Hence the question.

I do understand that an indexlocation is different to be retrieved, but providing the possibility to set a VSG in backup mode, should also provide a possibility to set the related indexes in backup mode.

Gertjan

ps. I'm awaiting more feedback, will close soon,
Regards. Gertjan

TonySterling
I know you can set the indexes by EV Server if that helps.

Set-IndexLocationBackupMode EVServer-Win2k3

This command sets backup mode on all the index locations that are associated with server EVServer-Win2k3.

Sounds like you should post this in the Ideas suggestion.  I know I like it!  :)

GertjanA
Idea opened.
Regards. Gertjan