cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV80SP4 - Search Safe seperate window, open message

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

We have been asked to have both AE and Search Safe open in a seperate browser. This has been implemented without problems.

However, in Search Safes, (search.asp), when opening a message, it opens in the browser. Is it possible to have it open as an outlook item (ie msg file)?

I've created a WebApp.ini file, having only one line in it: ViewMessage_Format=MSG

This webapp.ini is in the ..\program files\enterprise vault\ folder, saved as an ANSI file. I did try using UNICODE, but that did not work either. When the file was created, I did do an IIS-reset from the commandline.

Should this setting work? Is the syntax correct? Is the file in the properlocation? Any other steps to get this working?

Thanks,

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Gertjan

As far as I know, this is only for Archive Explorer, and not for the Search application.

In the search application, on the HTML view of the Item, there is a button on the top "View Original Item", I think.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Gertjan

As far as I know, this is only for Archive Explorer, and not for the Search application.

In the search application, on the HTML view of the Item, there is a button on the top "View Original Item", I think.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The button is called View Whole Item. That shows the item as an Outlook item.

And indeed, the webapp.ini is only for AE not Search Safe.

Thanks Michel.

Regards. Gertjan