cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV9 - IE7 pre-req question

SYM-AJ
Level 5

I note that in Enterprise Vault V9 a minimum level of IE7 is required.

Is this for the EV servers ONLY, or is this miminum level mandatory for the PC's running the Outlook Add-Ins also ?  We have an issue whereby we are restricted for now to IE6 due to an application dependency - so I need to know will EV9 work on the PC's (using Outlook Add-Ins) with IE6 (even with some form of restricted functionality).

Thanks,

AJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It is for the client too including the Outlook Add-in, and OWA.  Internet Explorer 6 is no longer in the test matrix .. whilst it *might* work, it is likely to be one of the first things that gets pointed as a "potential" cause, if a call is logged with Support.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Is this for the EV servers ONLY, or is this miminum level mandatory for the PC's running the Outlook Add-Ins also ? 

>>This is just for the Enterprise vault servers and not for the client

SYM-AJ
Level 5

Many Thanks - that resolves my concerns.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

IE 7 is the minimum required for EV9.  I would recommned that on those user's that have other requirements for IE 6 you deploy the EV8sp4 client extensions.  It will support IE6 plus EV9.

Maverik
Level 6

Yep I agree with Maxwits.  Quick look at the EV Compatibility guide and it appears to me it is IE7 all the way for EV9 inlcuding clients.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It is for the client too including the Outlook Add-in, and OWA.  Internet Explorer 6 is no longer in the test matrix .. whilst it *might* work, it is likely to be one of the first things that gets pointed as a "potential" cause, if a call is logged with Support.

Working for cloudficient.com