cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV9 Outlook Client Required

odgsteve
Level 2

Running EV Server 9.0.2 with 8.0.5 client in Outlook 2010.

Trying to download client 9 but my file connect doesnt have access to this.

How can this be resolved?

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

This means that your Outlook Addin has detected that Outlook has, in it's profile, the tick box enabled saying that Outlook can connect to Exchange via HTTP.  Unfortunately the Addin can't tell whether you ARE actually connected via HTTP or not.. so we read some registry keys to check for the existing of this tick box :

If it's ticked, then we assume you might be.  This impacts the behaviour of the Addin.  One of the main things is that there is then a policy setting which can limit the functionality which is available when RPC/HTTP (aka Outlook Anywhere) is detected :

The message you're getting means your policy is probably set per the above screenshot (RPC over HTTP restrictions set to 'Disable User Extensions').  You'll need to change that, or untick RPC/HTTP in your Outlook profile.  If you change it in the policy, you'l need to synchronise the mailbox, and, restart Outlook.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

BigPhil
Level 5

If you dont have access to file connect, you can get the 9.0.2 client from this hotfix:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH170261&key=50996&basecat=PATCHES&...

also...check the compatibility matrix on the Exchange archiving client section for notes about your setup:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH38537&key=50996

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

just as a matter of interest, how did you have EV installed without the install media? because the client would be there also

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Definitely go with the latest 9.0.2 HF.  I personally recommend it :)

odgsteve
Level 2

Does 9.0.2 HF have the archive explorer capability within Outlook?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Unless I'm missing something ...  All EV Outlook Addins have Archive Explorer within Outlook.

Do you mean archive explorer, or do you mean Virtual Vault?

Either way.. the answer is yes. :)

odgsteve
Level 2

OK, it's more than likely that I am missing something then, as I cant find archive explorer anywhere having installed 9.0.2 client within Outlook 2010.

Having said that, I see the below error when opening Outlook:

odgsteve
Level 2

The error in question is:

EV is not available because of your Outlook config.

contact your helpdesk for details of how to enable EV with Outlook anywhere

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

This means that your Outlook Addin has detected that Outlook has, in it's profile, the tick box enabled saying that Outlook can connect to Exchange via HTTP.  Unfortunately the Addin can't tell whether you ARE actually connected via HTTP or not.. so we read some registry keys to check for the existing of this tick box :

If it's ticked, then we assume you might be.  This impacts the behaviour of the Addin.  One of the main things is that there is then a policy setting which can limit the functionality which is available when RPC/HTTP (aka Outlook Anywhere) is detected :

The message you're getting means your policy is probably set per the above screenshot (RPC over HTTP restrictions set to 'Disable User Extensions').  You'll need to change that, or untick RPC/HTTP in your Outlook profile.  If you change it in the policy, you'l need to synchronise the mailbox, and, restart Outlook.

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited