cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVClient Utility

andy_lee2
Level 2

Need urgent help here!! 

I realised there is a Personal Folder created in my Outlook 2007, for example was path to "C:\users\username\AppData\Local\KVS\Enterprise Vault\"longfilename"\2010_07_09_010.db"

After I run the "ResetEVClient", the above file was recreated.  Any idea if there is a way to recover the previous file?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

and in this case the "old" file will be probably the same as the "new" file since it's a local copy of your vault data to be viewed when not connected to the EV server.

andy_lee2
Level 2

How can I connect this vault cache file (.db extenion) in Outlook 2007 as I have very important subfolders that are created there?

Sarah_Seftel1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Change the .db extention to .pst and you can use the PST file.

But I'm not really getting the point of what you are doing...

If you have a DB file created in the folder you mentioned before, that means that those mails are archives, so the email are supposed to be available...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

These .db files are your offline vault / vault cache (depending on the version of Enterprise Vault).  They contain your archived data, and also potentially data that will be archived "soon" as it gets populated by the offline vault / vault cache process.

In other words the data in these files is either in your mailbox already, or your archive.

There shouldn't really ever be a need (unless working with Support, and troubleshooting an issue) to open these files directly.

Can you explain what you are trying to do?

Working for cloudficient.com