cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVFSA Recall Failures

mrmac
Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to recall some EVFSA Files but get access denied - Data is on a NetApp NAS.

When I Dtrace it I see the following in the logs (sensitive deails replaced with xxxxxx)

8956 11:19:10.260 [7868] (EvNetAppPHSvr) <6044> EV:L Filer Id : 2| Request Id : 5080281| Client IP : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx| UserSid : <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>| Client operation : 0x1800001| Accessvalid : True| Desired access : 0x20080| Dispositionvalid : True| Createdisposition : 0x1| Display path : \xxxxxxx\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxxbackup.pst| Access path : ONTAP_ADMIN$\vol\vol\qtree\backup.pst| Rename displaypath : | Rename path : |
8980 11:19:10.276 [7868] (EvNetAppPHSvr) <9004> EV:M The file \\xxxxxxxx\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxxx\ backup.pst is not having its data accessed, i.e. attributes are being manipulated or the file is being deleted. Not restoring.

Other files on the same NAS restore without issue.

Any suggestions most appreciated

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

plaudone1
Level 6
Employee

Hi mrmac,

The key portion of the log is the following: is not having its data accessed, i.e. attributes are being manipulated or the file is being deleted. Not restoring.

The request is not being made to storage for this reason. You should see the following for a recall that goes to storage: is an Enterprise Vault placeholder and will be restored

Adding StorageOnlineOpns to the Dtrace will help determine an issue with Storage. 

Are you accessing the file from the EV server?  The EV server is denied recalls by default so the request must come from a client.  

Do you see another request for the same item?  

Is it a specific volume with the issue or some items on the same volume work? 

Can you copy the item to the same folder using a client?  This should trigger a recall from storage. 

Thanks,

Patrick