cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVOM - Installation/Configuration

ItAdi
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am trying to install and configure EVOM in my environment; as per the recommendation I have installed the EVOM component in one of my EV server, and it is running ad working fine.

Now my question is what will happen if I try to install and configure EVOM in one of the other server in the same site? - Pros and cons

Is there any tech note that can help me to understand the process better?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

There is nothing stopping you from installing EVOM on another server. EVOM gets its info from SQL, so it does not really matter where you open the page from.

I have (as example) EVOM on at least 2 servers (one on prod and one on a DR server), and use either to show me the page.

I am not sure there is a KB article on that.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

There is nothing stopping you from installing EVOM on another server. EVOM gets its info from SQL, so it does not really matter where you open the page from.

I have (as example) EVOM on at least 2 servers (one on prod and one on a DR server), and use either to show me the page.

I am not sure there is a KB article on that.

Regards. Gertjan

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

there's EVOM.chm that comes with your EV installation media if you're looking for documentation. you can install EVOM on as many of your EV servers as you want. i dont see the need but if you wanted to do it, shouldn't be anything to worry about.