cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM - Exclude Folder and Remove customized archiving setting

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi,

I know it's possible to exclude a folder from the normal mailbox policy so it's not archived and I think the following should do it but I just wanted to check.

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName    = kvsarchive
Sitename        = MySite

[Mailbox]

LDAPQuery = cn=oconnor_ke

[Folder]
Name            = \Test Exclude
Filtername         = DoNotArchive
OverrideArchiveLocks    = True

If this is correct then perfect but I also need to know how to remove this customized archiving setting if at a later date it needs to be.

I'm hoping this can be done without zapping the mailbox and re-enabling it again or is it just a case of creating an .ini file containing all of the current mailbox policy settings and specifying the specific folder again as you would do to enable the "Enterprise Vaults" folder.

Finally, if the last option is the only way then how do I specify archiving based on age and quota?

Thanks In advance.

Regards

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Why would you use SystemDefault instead of DoNotArchive?
Also surely you'd want to set the OverrideArchiveLocks incase the policy is locked, which for the majority of companies, are locked down, so if its set to false and the locks are on, it simply will take whatever the parent has and archive that folder?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

AFAIK you need to just change the filter name to 'SystemDefault'.  Take a look in the UTILITIES Guide.

Working for cloudficient.com

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi Rob,

I was looking at the settings in the utilites doc alright but wasn't sure if simply running the following was enough.

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName    = kvsarchive
Sitename        = MySite

[Mailbox]

LDAPQuery = cn=oconnor_ke

[Folder]
Name            = \Test Exclude
Filtername         = SystemDefault
OverrideArchiveLocks    = True

Regards

Kevin

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yes that would work, you might want to set OverrideArchiveLocks to false, and you might want to consider using the option to use the 'parent folder' setting instead of SystemDefault. Depends on the position within the mailbox, I think.

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Why would you use SystemDefault instead of DoNotArchive?
Also surely you'd want to set the OverrideArchiveLocks incase the policy is locked, which for the majority of companies, are locked down, so if its set to false and the locks are on, it simply will take whatever the parent has and archive that folder?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

To undo the EVPM settings I prefer to zap and renable.  Primarily so that I know what the settings are on mailboxes over time.  Unless you have very accurate record keeping of your EVPM changes you can lose track of what mailboxes are doing what.  By zapping and reenabling you are setting everything back to default with no "extra" settings in the hidden message.