cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM Script ingesting PST's

JLSully981
Level 2

Hopping that someone might be able to help me with my PST ingestion ini.  Currently the customer has apprx 2 TB of PST's that need to be ingested.  All of the PST are stored on a network file share under random paths that were created by a collection tool.  The problem I'm trying to resolve is how EVPM interperates the file path to the PST.

Below I have included the snip from the ini file.  As you can see some of these paths are very long and all of them contain spaces.  I have attempted to wrap the paths in qoutes but that didnt work.  So I was hopeing someone else may have solved my syntax issue.  I generally recieve one of the two failures

1. Report_Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

2. Report_Error: The system cannot find the file specified

[PSTDefaults]
MigrationMode = Report
ServerComputerName = ADCEXCHARC2
CONCURRENTMIGRATIONS = 10
PSTLanguage = Western European
ShortcutMode = MailboxShortcuts
IncludeDeletedItems = False
SetPSTHidden = false
SetPSTReadOnly = false
CompactPST = false
DeletePST = false
CancelMbxAutoArchive = false

[PST]
Filename = "F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst"
MailboxFolder = PST Ingested Mail Archive1
RetentionCategory = Default FMI Retention
ArchiveName = Chismar, Deborah

[PST]
Filename = "F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\My Documents\archive.pst"
MailboxFolder = PST Ingested Mail Archive2

[PST]
Filename = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\archive1.pst
MailboxFolder = PST Ingested Mail Archive3

[PST]
"Filename = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\My Documents\Outlook\024553.pst"
MailboxFolder = PST Ingested Mail Archive4

[PST]
Filename = \\adcna06_vf0\ADCEXCHARC5_evstore2\_Nuix Extractions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL081166 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

MailboxFolder = PST Ingested Mail Archive5

Thanks in advance,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

John,

I can verify with your ini I simply changed the f drive to my d drive your UNC just my servername and I migrated successfully.

Summary: 
Number of PST migrations performed: 6
Number of PST migrations completed successfully: 6
Number of PSTs partially processed: 0
Number of PST migrations failed: 0
Number of PST migrations unprocessed: 0
Number of PST migrations processing incomplete: 0

Attached is a copy of the report run and then the final run, I also included my modded ini. But it works...

I successfully ingested PSTs from here:
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\My Documents\archive.pst
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\archive1.pst
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\My Documents\Outlook\024553.pst
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\024553\My Documents\Outlook\024617.pst
Filename = \\APPS\ADCEXCHARC5_evstore2\_Nuix Extractions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL081166 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

Hi John,

You should not need any quotes or anything mate. I just ran a test for you with a PST in the following location / Name:

D:\test root folder\test sub folder\test sub sub folder\test sub sub sub folder\test sub sub sub sub folder\test sub sub sub sub sub sub folder\test a pst with space in name.pst

This works fine no issues what so ever, here is a copy of the EVPM ini i used:

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName = vault.uberninja.net
SiteName = uberninja

[PSTDefaults]
MigrationMode = Process
ConcurrentMigrations = 10
ServerComputerName = vltsrv02.uberninja.net
IncludeDeletedItems = True
SetPSTHidden = True
SetPSTReadOnly = True
CompactPST = False
DeletePST = False
CancelMBXAutoArchive = True
ShortcutMode = NoShortcuts

[PST]
VaultName = Service Enterprise Vault
FileName = D:\test root folder\test sub folder\test sub sub folder\test sub sub sub folder\test sub sub sub sub folder\test sub sub sub sub sub sub folder\test a pst with space in name.pst
RetentionCategory = 1D97B4DCFC8B5D944B875B09ABAF020C81b10000vltsrv01
MailboxFolder = PST Data

JLSully981
Level 2

Ya thats what I thought also.  The problem is, the only one that works succesfully is the ones without spaces.

I ran just one:  INI file snip

[PST]
Filename = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

the ini_1 result file

PST]

;----------------------------------------------------------------------
; Report_Status: PST cannot be migrated
; Report_Error: The system cannot find the path specified.   [ F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst ]
;----------------------------------------------------------------------

DONOTPROCESS = TRUE
FILENAME = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst
VAULTNAME = Chismar, Deborah
RETENTIONCATEGORY = 17EC63DE39798F54BA3051F4C7F186B221b10000evnamb1
MAILBOXFOLDER = PST Ingested Mail Archive1

file navigation via windows explorer..

F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL081166 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

thanks again.

John

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

John,

It would suggest there is something wrong with your text in the ini, I just proccess a pst with that exatct name:

Please attach your ini here ill take a looksee

PST migration option settings:

PST File: d:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL081166 Collect
ion_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\
Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst
        Vault: 1A414596E9AF1BA4FB38C3EE086B326381110000vltsrv01
        Exchange Mailbox: /o=uberninja/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOH
F23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=svcev
        Retention Category: 1D97B4DCFC8B5D944B875B09ABAF020C81b10000vltsrv01
        Mailbox Folder: PST Data
        Server Computer Name: vltsrv01.uberninja.net
        Shortcut Mode: NOSHORTCUTS
        Include Deleted Items: 1
        Set PST Hidden: 1
        Set PST ReadOnly: 1
        Compact PST: 0
        Delete PST: 0
        Cancel Mailbox AutoArchive: 1
        PST Language: WESTERN EUROPEAN

10:02:52 PST Migration completed successfully

PST migration summary:

PST File: d:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL081166 Collect
ion_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\
Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst
        Number of folders processed: 4

JLSully981
Level 2

Here is the ini file.  Thanks so much for taking your time to help me with this.

[PSTDefaults]
MigrationMode = Report
ServerComputerName = ADCEXCHARC2
ShortcutMode = MailboxShortcuts
IncludeDeletedItems = False
SetPSTHidden = false
SetPSTReadOnly = false
CompactPST = false
DeletePST = false
CancelMbxAutoArchive = false

[PST]
Filename = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

[PST]
Filename = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\My Documents\archive.pst
MailboxFolder = PST Ingested Mail Archive2

[PST] (this is the one that works)
Filename = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\archive1.pst
MailboxFolder = PST Ingested Mail Archive3

[PST]
Filename = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\My Documents\Outlook\024553.pst
MailboxFolder = PST Ingested Mail Archive4

[PST]
Filename = F:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\024553\My Documents\Outlook\024617.pst

[PST] (this is one using the UNC path instead of a mapped drive and share)
Filename = \\adcna06_vf0\ADCEXCHARC5_evstore2\_Nuix Extractions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL081166 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

The ultimate goal would be able to achieve success via the UNC path -- this would prevent us from having to create a directory structure and copy over 2 TB of PST's.

Again here is the path copied from the Windows Explorer exactly as it appears on the system.

\\adcna06_vf0\ADCEXCHARC5_evstore2\_Nuix Extractions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL081166 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

John

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

John,

I can verify with your ini I simply changed the f drive to my d drive your UNC just my servername and I migrated successfully.

Summary: 
Number of PST migrations performed: 6
Number of PST migrations completed successfully: 6
Number of PSTs partially processed: 0
Number of PST migrations failed: 0
Number of PST migrations unprocessed: 0
Number of PST migrations processing incomplete: 0

Attached is a copy of the report run and then the final run, I also included my modded ini. But it works...

I successfully ingested PSTs from here:
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\My Documents\archive.pst
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\archive1.pst
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\My Documents\Outlook\024553.pst
Filename = D:\PSTRepository_Ingestions\\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL08116 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\024553\My Documents\Outlook\024617.pst
Filename = \\APPS\ADCEXCHARC5_evstore2\_Nuix Extractions\Chismar_Deborah\SIEL081166 Collection_mfs01\SIEL081166 Collection\C_\Documents and Settings\024553\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey John.

Perhaps you are running a dated version of EV compared to the testers? Are you on the latest SP release for your build and what build is that?

Maybe this is something that was addressed. I have another idea... does the 8.3 nameing convention work. you know like where C:\YourFolder Name\superlongfilename.txt would also be c:\YourFo~1\Super~1.txt .

May get you past the hump. If you fix it please let us know what did and flag a user if they fixed it for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

j