cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM not recognizing SiteName

Floon_Dog
Level 3

I'm trying to zap my mailbox with the following script and I am getting back that it does not like the SiteName.  I've triple checked the spelling and even tried the alias, no luck.  This is the first time I've tried this so it might be something easy, but it looks clean to me.

Thanks,

Tim

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName = sqlserver
SiteName = EV_SITE

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = /o=usii.com/ou=IT/cn=Tim Porreca

[Folder]
Name = Mailboxroot
Zap = True

Creating privileged MAPI session ...

Parsing input file: d:\tim.ini

Error parsing command file: d:\tim.ini, error follows:

Line number in error:   3
Section in error:   Directory
Attribute in error: SiteName
Value in error:     EV_SITE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Looks like it doesn't like the DN for the mailbox.

Here's an easy way to get the DN for the mailbox:  Run the archiving task in report mode and only select the mailbox(es) you want for the evpm script.  Open the generated report from \program files\enterprise vault\reports\ and the DN for the mailbox is listed there.  You can then copy/paste into the evpm .ini file.

And yes, it is a very formal process.  Hopefully you have your tux and white gloves on.

Message Edited by C.R. O'Brien on 10-23-2008 02:11 PM

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SHI-CRO
Level 6

Is EV and SQL installed on the same server?  If not, use the name of the EV server that the site alias points to rather than the SQL server name for DirectoryComputerName.

Message Edited by C.R. O'Brien on 10-23-2008 01:42 PM

Floon_Dog
Level 3

OK thanks CRO, I changed it to the EV server and seemed to get a little further.... now it dies with the very formal error "Whilst processing..."  This is my mailbox and that is the correct DN.  Any ideas?  Again, could be something easy.

Thanks,

Tim

Processing input file

Processing mailbox: /o=usii.com/ou=IT/cn=Tim Porreca
Error - Whilst processing mailbox with dn: /o=usii.com/ou=IT/cn=Tim Porreca

SHI-CRO
Level 6

Looks like it doesn't like the DN for the mailbox.

Here's an easy way to get the DN for the mailbox:  Run the archiving task in report mode and only select the mailbox(es) you want for the evpm script.  Open the generated report from \program files\enterprise vault\reports\ and the DN for the mailbox is listed there.  You can then copy/paste into the evpm .ini file.

And yes, it is a very formal process.  Hopefully you have your tux and white gloves on.

Message Edited by C.R. O'Brien on 10-23-2008 02:11 PM

Floon_Dog
Level 3

That was the problem, I didn't have my wingtips on.  My account comes up as /o=USI/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF13SUDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=4987777a-d4481ca7-88246ae9-6ef216.  Thanks for your help!

Tim

bobby_hilliard
Level 5
 this saved me a lot of time...dn differed from user name...

never let it be said that forums don't help!!!

thanks.