cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSITE CNAME not create while configuring EV for first time.

Abhishek_Bhagar
Level 3

Hi All,

I need to perform EV DR but while checking found that client has not created EVSITE cname when configuring EV for first time.

Query: is there any impact if i newly create EVSITE cname now.

Note: Evserver1 cname is created.

Regards, Abhi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Site alias is legacy EV When you configure EV now, it just takes the alias of the first EV server So if you look at an archiveID and it has a long GUID ending with evServer1.myDomain.com - as long as that alias point to a valid EV server you're fine If you are legacy and you had something like evsite.mydomain.com pointing to evserver1.mydomain.com then you should definitely create the alias if it doesnt exist
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Site alias is legacy EV When you configure EV now, it just takes the alias of the first EV server So if you look at an archiveID and it has a long GUID ending with evServer1.myDomain.com - as long as that alias point to a valid EV server you're fine If you are legacy and you had something like evsite.mydomain.com pointing to evserver1.mydomain.com then you should definitely create the alias if it doesnt exist
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Saswata_Basu
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

I agree with JesusWept as long as the Site Name DNS entry points to a working EV Server its fine. You can find the Site Alias by running the SQL query below on the EV Directory database :-

use EnterpriseVaultDirectory

Select SiteName from SiteEntry

If you dont have the SiteName alias already you can create one in DNS pointing to the first EV server in the EV site.

AFAIK EV creates the Site Alias automatically (during Installation of the first EV Server) in DNS pointing to the first EV server installed in the EV site.