cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVSPShortcutManager question about recalling items to SP

CruiseControl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Can the EVSPShortcutManager recall more than one SP site collection at a time?  If so, are there any recommendations for recalling many sites at one time?  I'm guessing it depends on several variables, including the amount of data to be recalled for each site.  But supposing I have a large amount of sites that contain very little data, I was wondering if I can recall many sites at one time.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if all the sites are on the same SP server you can supply the server name. if they are on different SP servers, you can supply the URL for each site individually. check out the EVSPShortcutManager section of the Utilities.pdf that comes with EV for examples and more info.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

if all the sites are on the same SP server you can supply the server name. if they are on different SP servers, you can supply the URL for each site individually. check out the EVSPShortcutManager section of the Utilities.pdf that comes with EV for examples and more info.

CruiseControl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for responding Andrew.

One last question - any idea from a performance perspective what to expect if I run this on a large amount of data?  I'm assuming storage and SP servers will be very busy during the operation.  I was just wondering if there are any performance metrics out there that state how fast the tool will "un-archive" and put it back on SP, similiar to how the EV perf guide mentions ingestion rates.

AndrewB

it's really hard to say. each environment is going to be different based on a ton of variables. what you could to is try some smaller ones first to get a feel for how it's going to perform before you let it rip. that way you might be able to plan a bit better specifically to how your system is setup.