cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email folder will not archive

antonio_boydera
Level 3

I'm running Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 on Windows Server 2008 R2 to archive mail from an Exchange 2010 implementation.  There's one particular user with an Inbox that won't archive.  All of his other mail folders archive fine.  The messages in his inbox have the icon that suggests they're marked to be archived, but they're never pulled into his Vault.  I tried zapping his mailbox already with no luck.  Mailbox properties show Enterprise Vault is enabled for his mailbox and it says "You cannot change these settings" on the client, so I don't believe he disabled this folder from archiving.  Is there anything I should try?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If your backups have already ran and the items have been pending awhile it could be that those items are stuck Pending.  The use could have tried to manually archive them and they got stuck.

If you have the Cancel Operation button you can highlight those items and choose to cancel and then try to archive one of them again.

See this TN:

How to cancel items in an "archive pending" state in Enterprise Vault (EV) for Microsoft Exchange.

Article:TECH35618  |  Created: 2004-01-19  |  Updated: 2012-01-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35618

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If your backups have already ran and the items have been pending awhile it could be that those items are stuck Pending.  The use could have tried to manually archive them and they got stuck.

If you have the Cancel Operation button you can highlight those items and choose to cancel and then try to archive one of them again.

See this TN:

How to cancel items in an "archive pending" state in Enterprise Vault (EV) for Microsoft Exchange.

Article:TECH35618  |  Created: 2004-01-19  |  Updated: 2012-01-12  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH35618

antonio_boydera
Level 3

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the response.  I did this and now I see a lot of mail being processed in the mail queue, so it seems promising.  I'll know after backups if this worked or not.  Thanks again.