cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Mailbox

Carmila_Fresco
Level 4
I'm trying to enable a mailbox for archiving. We don't have the enable new mailboxes for archiving set up yet. For some reason, I don't see the mailbox that I would like to enable. Does it pull the list from AD or does it synchronize it at a scheduled time?

Sorry, I'm new to this and I'm just finding my way around.

Thanks,
Carmila
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
This is frustrating sometimes, a manual sync doesn't always make the mailbox come up. When I get this now I just use an EVPM script to enable them:

DirectoryComputerName = 'KVS Server'
SiteName = 'Your KVS Sitename'

DistinguishedName = /O=whatever/OU=HGH CC VA/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=WHOEVER

Name = mailboxroot
Enabled = true

As long as you can get the DN of the user it will find them. Or just set it to all and enable the entire Exchange server in one shot (I typically run this after I enable an entire server just to make sure no users missed getting enabled).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Simon_Jelley
Level 2
Employee Accredited
The list is sync'd by the archiving task/service - initially if it has not sync'd before it will do it on start up. After the syncs are done at 12 and 12.

Do you see any errors or problems related to the archiving task/service?

Carmila_Fresco
Level 4
No errors whatsoever. Anyways, I ran a manual synch and it came up.

Thanks! :)

Mike_Dowling
Level 4
This is frustrating sometimes, a manual sync doesn't always make the mailbox come up. When I get this now I just use an EVPM script to enable them:

DirectoryComputerName = 'KVS Server'
SiteName = 'Your KVS Sitename'

DistinguishedName = /O=whatever/OU=HGH CC VA/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=WHOEVER

Name = mailboxroot
Enabled = true

As long as you can get the DN of the user it will find them. Or just set it to all and enable the entire Exchange server in one shot (I typically run this after I enable an entire server just to make sure no users missed getting enabled).