cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable a user or a group of users to Delete from vault

portabletelly
Level 4

Hi guys,

I have a customer who sometime has highley confidential documents that get archived by Enterprise Vault. Sometimes all traces of these top secret documents need to be totally removed from the entire network including backup tapes and enterprise vault.

The customer is only using FSA and does not want to allow users to willy nilly to delete from vault. Is there a way to give power to an administrator so only he can delete from files that have been archived from EV Vault stores?.

From memery I thought there was a way this could be achived in Archive Explorer with an ini file or somthing but I can seem to find any info on it.

Regards

Aaron

3 REPLIES 3

portabletelly
Level 4
Does anyone know if there is a way to only let some users delete from vault?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I dont know of a way to do this but what I would recommend in this case is for the user to put this sensitive data in a volume that is not archived and access is restricted to this user only that way that data never gets into the archive

If specific files are needed to delete from the archive the easiest way is to user archive explorer. There you can search for the files and delete them

Liam 

portabletelly
Level 4

Thanks for the Reply.

Unfortunantley situations make the documents become highley confidential/top seceret, so there is no way of gettitng users to save these docs to a particluar folder.

Anyway I thought the archive explorer Idea was good however the delete button is greyed out is there a way I can enable this delete button for one user. Or is this somthing that can be turned on and off as needed.

Regards,

Aaron