cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable "DeleteBtnVisible" for users

Michael_Vi
Level 3
Hi all,

I am just wondering what I am doing wrong for I am unable to get the "deletebtnvisible" button to appear.

What I did to try to get it is going to Administrator Console

Enterprise Vault -> Directory on Vault->Domain->Policies-> Exchange->mailbox

In the policy I went into Advanced tab and select "desktop" drop down list and selected "delete from vault" button visible to "Menu only". Run synchronize for update

Also, I went to the client registry and have "deletebtnvisible" dword to "menu only"

Open Outlook and went to Tools-> entperise vault but the "delete button" was not there.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
HI,

Have you set the site policy to allow users to delete from their archives?

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
'Menu only' will not show the button. This option means that delete will only be presented as a choice under Tools>Enterprise Vault from the drop-down menu.

You need to set it to 'both' to get it to appear on the toolbar as well.

Michael_Vi
Level 3
Yea...I have.

Michael_Vi
Level 3
In the Site I have enable all users with delete from vault option assign to "Show Both"

I also tried "show both". I know that you have to make sure that Outlook.exe should not be running after any reg change. But I also tried it on another machine.

Correct me if I am wrong. reg location is
HKCU\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client
and there should be a string type by the name "DeleteBtnVisible".

Am I correct?

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You will not necessarily see a regkey being generated for every setting in the policy. However you do need to run a sync against your test user (all users) for the setting to take affect and then restart outlook.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Hey guys - have we done a Client Trace (http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276094.htm) yet?

Michael_Vi
Level 3
Yea...I did that. It didn't work.

Michael_Vi
Level 3
I run that David, and it did come up with DeleteBtnVisible but it is the one I put in. I then remove it from the registry and ran it again. Since come up.

Strange?

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Michael,

so is it working now? If so, chalk it up as anothervaluable EV life experience and move on dude. In my experience wondering about the why and wherefore of EV is a pointless exercise :)

Michael_Vi
Level 3
It is now either a quick question from tech support. Thanks for your help too David