Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EnablePSTMigrationMessage.msg + Server Driven Migration

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello

I am working on a drill/effort to ingest PST files from domain into Enterprise vault. I have configured Post migration message which is working as it should however - I want to leverage pre migration message as well.

The EnablePSTMigrationMessage.msg, from what I understand is only used by client driven PST Migration approach. Can we make server drive migration approach leverage same message or some other message as well?

I couldn't find much about messages in document so I thought if someone can point me in right direction - Any custom registry perhaps to make thi happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry but no, you not going to be able to do that through EV.  What you could do is to take the EnablePSTMigrationMessage.msg modify it and send it out manually to the folks you are going to use the server process for.

As always, you can post an idea in the Idea's section but that doesn't help you much now.  :)

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry but no, you not going to be able to do that through EV.  What you could do is to take the EnablePSTMigrationMessage.msg modify it and send it out manually to the folks you are going to use the server process for.

As always, you can post an idea in the Idea's section but that doesn't help you much now.  :)

Regards,

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Tony is correct.  That msg file is only sent to users when they're enabled for Client Driven Migration.

Working for cloudficient.com

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Thanks guys ! - It was worth a shot to see if someone has any ideas around same. - I guess I will create a script which will send out this message accodingly. :)