cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End-User Export from Vault Question

DisG
Not applicable
My employer has recently adopted Vault.  I understand why IT is motivated to use Vault but the rules that have been set up as far as how and when emails are archived from Outlook is inconsistent with our office's work flow and timeframes for some projects.  (This has been brought up ad nauseum but this will not be changing in the foreseeable future.)

It is not uncommon for us to need access to and to produce emails from 10+ years ago.  We have essentially built a digitial filing cabinet (i.e. recreated a poor-mans outlook) application as a place to capture and store all historic emails so they are no longer in Outlook or to be purged from Vault ("NewApp").

Due to the archiving rules, we have a very narrow window to export from OutLook to NewApp. 

It would be infinitely more efficient if we could export directly from Vault.  Is this possible and if so, could someone please explain the procedure?  I almost don't care about the exported format (.pst, .csv, .txt, hieroglyphics, ...) but simply need to get the information out without losing content, attachments, date details, etc.

Please keep in mind, I am a semi-literate end-user and do not have access to the behind-the-scene controls of Vault. 

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi DisG,

It depends on if IT have allowed restoring. Your only option is to restore an Item back into your mailbox and then drag it out in which ever format you have.

This should actually be taken up by your IT department and not discussed here..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi DisG,

It depends on if IT have allowed restoring. Your only option is to restore an Item back into your mailbox and then drag it out in which ever format you have.

This should actually be taken up by your IT department and not discussed here..