Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The answer is most likely because you havent given yourself permission to delete on the journal archive, by default the journal archive has no permissions granted for anyone , its usually blank.
So you would have to grant the deletion permissions explicitly and then try again

However i agree with Andrew that it sounds like a really bad idea, unless part of the compliance order is to delete infringing email that a court has ordered be removed from your companies email systems, any other deletions should be handled by EV's Storage Expiry processes.

This obviously all hinges as to what industry your company is in and which compliance rules apply to you.
Would consider doing a CYA by asking your legal department as to whether this is definitely the right course of action to take

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mohankumar_K
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Please help to me to get the solution

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

my first question is to clarify that you mean the journal archive and not the database (that would be in SQL)

the next question would be are you sure you want to delete from the journalarchive ? this could have severe implications from a compliance standpoint for your company.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The answer is most likely because you havent given yourself permission to delete on the journal archive, by default the journal archive has no permissions granted for anyone , its usually blank.
So you would have to grant the deletion permissions explicitly and then try again

However i agree with Andrew that it sounds like a really bad idea, unless part of the compliance order is to delete infringing email that a court has ordered be removed from your companies email systems, any other deletions should be handled by EV's Storage Expiry processes.

This obviously all hinges as to what industry your company is in and which compliance rules apply to you.
Would consider doing a CYA by asking your legal department as to whether this is definitely the right course of action to take

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146