Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault™ 10.0.4 Cumulative Hotfix 2 Installation Instructions

Kai_Schröer
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi!

Our first customer install the CHF2 for 10.0.4.

There a few new lines in the installation instructions:

-----

13. Wait for event 8576 to be logged in the Symantec Enterprise Vault event log:

The Directory service has completed the automatic upgrade of the EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database

Note: Do not start the Directory services on any other Enterprise Vault servers until event 8676 appears in the event log of the first Enterprise Vault server.

For more information about starting the Directory service, see the Upgrading to Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 guide.

14. After event 8568 has appeared in the Enterprise Vault event log, start the Directory service on any other Enterprise Vault servers.

----

The customer get the Event-ID 8576 and wait nearby 18 hours for Event 8676 and 8568. They never appears.

He restart the services and everything running fine.

The Original Installation Instruction for 10.0.4 is not so detailed

----

After event 8576, the Monitoring Configuration Utility generates some
additional event log entries. The utility checks whether the Monitoring
database requires upgrading, and upgrades it if required.

----

So will the customer get a issue later or it's a failure in the new installation instruction?

Thanks!

Kai

-----------------------------------
https://twitter.com/pmcs_ev
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee

The documentation is wrong.

Events 8676 and 8568 are incorrect and shouldn't be mentioned. 

I've requested the documentation be updated; the media kit on the technote will be updated on Monday with the update.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Kai,

That is strange. I believe there is 1 index added, not sure. The upgrade scripts are in the CHF directories somewhere. You can check the SQL, and see what is being done.

I have seen this if another directory-service was accidentally started. Can you check every ev-server for event 8576, to verify it was not another server that upgraded the directory database?

I have not yet done the upgrade to chf2 myself, but will look out for this issue when doing so.

Regards. Gertjan

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee

The documentation is wrong.

Events 8676 and 8568 are incorrect and shouldn't be mentioned. 

I've requested the documentation be updated; the media kit on the technote will be updated on Monday with the update.

Kai_Schröer
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks a lot for the Information.

Have a nice day.

:)

-----------------------------------
https://twitter.com/pmcs_ev