Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10 & Backup Exec 2010 R3

RenaudT_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

We add the lic for Enterprise Vault agent in an backup Exec 2010 R3 SP1 server. Then we pushed the agent on the two EV servers and on the SQL server but nothing appears under the EnterpriseVault icon on the selection list. Usually EV sites should appears directly after adding the agent? I noticed this in many other installations.

The BackupExec user is admin of all servers, sysadmin of the SQL instance and power+storage+index admin in EV. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Renaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RenaudT_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks guys, it was a certificate issue. Removing .crt et key files from BE server then re-create association with client did the trick.

Renaud

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have had the same yesterday. Updated Backup Exec to R3 (was still R2) and could not connect to EV. Today it was working fine.

Vasilis_Peppas
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Has the remote agent installed correctly?. Check to see so by trying to browse the servers. You should be able to select the c drive and the system state. If you cannot do these selections the agent did not install correctly and you will not be able to see anything else.

GeoffRose
Level 3

I had this.

Have you installed SP2?

Also check your licensing - I cant remember what happened at my office but the EV option was showing in the list of payed for options but not in the list of serial numbers - I added it in again and it works fine now. I have a feeling we were using the trial and then never entered the number when it expired

RenaudT_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks guys, it was a certificate issue. Removing .crt et key files from BE server then re-create association with client did the trick.

Renaud