Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10 License

zubkoff_s
Level 4
Certified

Hello everybody

By Installing_and_Configuring guide of Enterprise vault 10 following types of Enterprise Vault license are available:

Production license

Trialware license

Temporary licenses

Production license is not interesting in test envirionment.

Tell me please, how and where I can obtaine a trialware or temporary licencse of EV 10?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Actually, if you download the Trialware software they will send you a temp license:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=35111

I do recommend working with an EV partner or Symc if you really wish to evaluate EV.  There are quite a few things that go into making an EV deployment successfull and not recommended to just wing it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ashish-Sharma
Level 6
Accredited

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You should contact your Sales rep or/and your SYMC account manager if you have one. They should be able to release EV10 trail licenses.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You may also Try contacting Symantec licensing Dept to get the trailware License file>

TonySterling

Actually, if you download the Trialware software they will send you a temp license:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=35111

I do recommend working with an EV partner or Symc if you really wish to evaluate EV.  There are quite a few things that go into making an EV deployment successfull and not recommended to just wing it.

zubkoff_s
Level 4
Certified

Thanks everybody for your respond.

I am from Ukraine, and we haven't own Sales rep.

I tryed yesterday to contact with Russian Sales rep - but at the web site publish wrong tel. number (first of all I cann't connect with anybody, because my mobile operator told me - number is wrong, second -  +353 - this is Ireland, not Russia).

I try to contact with License center - but when i fill in form on web site, they asked my Contact ID, Company ID or other information. But I am not a client yet. And, ofcourse, haven't identical information.

2Tony

I downloading now by you link. I will tell you about license key mail so late...

zubkoff_s
Level 4
Certified

Tony. You was absolutely right. I downloaded from Trialware by your link and received trial licence key by my email.

Does Symantec have a some virtual machines with a EV 10 (ofcourse I mean all infrastructure: DC,DNS,Exchange Server, EV)?

Because I read very old articles http://www.networkworld.com/reviews/2007/061107-symantec-test-how.html

"...we elected to use a preinstalled demonstration environment that Symantec provided for our testing...."

P.S.: It necessary to post this message in dedicate post?

TonySterling

Hi Zubkoff,

No, due to licensing issues with MSFT for Exchange, SQL, Windows, etc.. Symantec doesn't offer a pre-built virtual machine.  The article you referenced was more of a one-off kind of deal and not something that is generally done.

Regards,

Tony