cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10 Outlook Plug-In Search Vault Error

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

Hello

We have an Enterprise Vault 10.0.1.1171 Archive System for Exchange in our envirement.
Archiving is working fine, however some Clients get an Error "The XML page cannot be displayed" when the try to "Search Vaults" in Outlook 2010 over the EV 10.0.5267 Outlook Plugin.

The search over the webtool http://ev10/Enterprisevault/search.asp? works fine so I think something must be wrong on the client side.
I reinstalled the Outlook Plugin and run the ResetEVClient.exe, but both without any success, the error still comes.
Does anybody have a clue what could be thr problem?

Thank you very much for your help and regards

Renzo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

after creating a new windows profil the search vault over outlook was working.

thanks for your help

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Check desktop policy settings for differences between working and non-working situations. Also check proxy settings. I have had a situation where proxy exclusion settings were preventing the correct working of the EV client.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

proxy exclusion will not thow on xml.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is this only OL 2010 users or do OL 2007 users have the same problem?

Also, do you have the newest client to try?

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

Hello

Thanks for your answers.

Checked the Desktop Policy, some users in the same policy don't have the Problem.
This just happens in the "Search Vaults", the Archive Explorer is working over Outlook.

Also checked the Proxy settings, should be fine, same settings on a working client and a not working client.

thanks and regards

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

Hi

We have just Outlook 2010 User/Clients.  Yes I have the newest Client(10.0.5267).

Thanks and regards

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Is the problem moving with the user ? So if you let a user logon to another PC, does it move the issue with him/her or not ?

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

problem is not moving, it must be a problem on the client pc.

thanks and regards

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What happens if they open the searcho2k.asp page in Internet Explorer?

What happens if they try to access Archive Explorer from Outlook, and from Internet Explorer?

What version of Internet Explorer, and Windows is this on?

Working for cloudficient.com

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

If we open the http://ev10/EnterpriseVault/searcho2k.asp? page in Internet Explorer we get the same error as over Outlook.

The Archive Explorer we can open from the Internet Explorer and from Outlook.

the OS is Windows 7 64bit and IE 9.
Maybe it's something "wrong" with the IE Settings?

Thanks for your help

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If you right click and View Source, on the page when the error comes back, does that give any more clues?

On the EV server the .XSL style sheets are stored in WebApp\EV version Number\language

So maybe they are hitting the EV server with a language that isn't actually recognised?  That language *might* be coming from their IE settings on their local machine.

For example, on my working example =

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="V9.0.3.1164/en/searcho2k.xsl" ?>
<EVSEARCH>
<MAILBOX>
<ALIAS>SMTP:rob@ev.local</ALIAS>
<ALIASJS>SMTP:rob@ev.local</ALIASJS>
<SERVER>DC</SERVER>
<SERVERJS>DC</SERVERJS>
</MAILBOX>
<ALLOWRESTORE/>

You can see there where the XSL is referenced.

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

thanks for your help and time. I will check this tomorrow and let you know if i found any clues.

regards

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I hope it helps!

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

hello

The "view source" looks good, didn't find any more clues. I've given up now, as on most clients it's working and the users which have the problem can also go over the "normal" web search(http://ev10/enterprisevault/search.asp). The "normal" web search is working everywhere, just not the http://ev10/EnterpriseVault/searcho2k.asp? search.

I also think if we would create a new windows profil it will work.

thanks all for your help and regards

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Does the 'View Source' have the reference to that XSL file in .. like I showed above?

Does that file exist on disk? (On the EV server in the location mentioned relative to the webapp folder)

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

yes it has, also the file exist on the server, user with the same href="V10.0.1.1171/de/searcho2k.xsl"  are working.

thanks

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="V10.0.1.1171/de/searcho2k.xsl" ?>

<EVSEARCH>

<NOBROWSERSEARCHLINK/>

<MAILBOX>

<ALIAS>SMTP:x@y.ch</ALIAS>

<ALIASJS>SMTP:x@y.ch</ALIASJS>

<SERVER>EXC02</SERVER>

<SERVERJS>EXC02</SERVERJS>

</MAILBOX>

<ALLOWRESTORE/>

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Hmm, it would be good to know what is causing it. What sort of numbers of people are affected? Have you tried either a new windows profile or a new outlook profile on one of the users? If a working user logs into a machine owned by a non working user, what happens?

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

as i know there are 4 users affected. Didn't yet try a new profile, will try this today and let u know.

thanks and regards

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

after

renzo_eberhart
Level 3

after creating a new windows profil the search vault over outlook was working.

thanks for your help