cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 Advanced Search option limitations

Always_Somethin
Level 3

Enterprise Vault 11.0.1  Advanced Search option limitations.

I created a mailbox search that returned just over 1200 hits.

I want to export the resultant messages to a PST but that is not an option.

Also, it it only allows me to select 200 items to export to a ZIP file.

Is there a way I can send all results to a PST through the GUI or the CLI in a nice easy fashion?

This seems like a typical desire.

Can anyone help?

It's Always Something...

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Here are several relevant points:

1) EV Search allows you to export to Zip, PST, or NSF. Which options are available when a user right-clicks a selection will depend on what is configured in the user's Search Policy and on the type of data in the selection (e.g., PST is available for Exchange data, while NSF is available for Domino data).

2) EV Search limits you to 200 items in your selection. This is not a configurable setting.

3) The legacy Search webapp (EV 10 and earlier) could export a much larger result set (up to 5000 items) to PST. The steps to export to PST using the old Search are here. Since you are using EV 11, you will need to access the old Search by modifying the URL as follows:

http://EVServerName/EnterpriseVault/Search.asp?useoldwebapps=1

Once you run your search, use the "restore all results" link in the top right: Capture.JPG

4) In EV 12.1, we added an Export-EVArchive cmdlet to the EV Management Shell, which accepts a -SearchString parameter to filter the export. One of the export formats available from this cmdlet is PST. You can use this in the future when you upgrade to EV 12.1 or later.

Hope that helps!

--Chris

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Here are several relevant points:

1) EV Search allows you to export to Zip, PST, or NSF. Which options are available when a user right-clicks a selection will depend on what is configured in the user's Search Policy and on the type of data in the selection (e.g., PST is available for Exchange data, while NSF is available for Domino data).

2) EV Search limits you to 200 items in your selection. This is not a configurable setting.

3) The legacy Search webapp (EV 10 and earlier) could export a much larger result set (up to 5000 items) to PST. The steps to export to PST using the old Search are here. Since you are using EV 11, you will need to access the old Search by modifying the URL as follows:

http://EVServerName/EnterpriseVault/Search.asp?useoldwebapps=1

Once you run your search, use the "restore all results" link in the top right: Capture.JPG

4) In EV 12.1, we added an Export-EVArchive cmdlet to the EV Management Shell, which accepts a -SearchString parameter to filter the export. One of the export formats available from this cmdlet is PST. You can use this in the future when you upgrade to EV 12.1 or later.

Hope that helps!

--Chris

nnguyen1
Level 3
Employee

Hi Always_Somethin,

You can export to PST by updating the Search Policy in the Admin Console.  Under the Features tab there is an Export Operations section.  Just select the PST option and you will be able to export the items in the search.  As for the 200 items that's the default setting.  You could increase that in one of the files.  Since it's not documented externally I recommend you contacting Veritas support, and they will show you the setting to change.

Regards,

Nhu