cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 running on 2008 R2 migration to new 2012 R2. New Hardware.

dgeiger28
Level 3

Hi Question around the migration wizard when migrating EV to new hardware.  I have read the doc on this type of migration.  One thing i am a little confused on.  I have 7 servers running EV, 1 DA server, and 1 SQL server.  Do i have to migrate them all at the same time to new servers or can i do one at a time?  The version of EV is not changing, jsut migrating from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2.  

Thanks

Dale 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Your starting point would be Migrate EV to New server

An overview of the Server Migration Wizard: EV SMW

Migration Wizards: Migration Wizards

Be sure that before you move, you check the compatibility guide to see if your target system is supported by the EV version you use.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

[Erroneous information removed]

All that said, the answer to your original question is correct: you don't have to migrate them all at once. The only time you need to do all the servers at once is when you're changing EV versions. If you're keeping the same EV version, you can migrate dependencies (OS, SQL Server) independently.

--Chris

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

GertjanA

Hello Dale,

One at the time is no problem.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi

Could you tell me where to see that procedure (migrate from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2 keeping the EV version)?

Is not possible to upgrade Windows from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2? Maybe it is easier...

Regards

GertjanA

Hello,

Your starting point would be Migrate EV to New server

An overview of the Server Migration Wizard: EV SMW

Migration Wizards: Migration Wizards

Be sure that before you move, you check the compatibility guide to see if your target system is supported by the EV version you use.

Regards. Gertjan

[Erroneous information removed]

All that said, the answer to your original question is correct: you don't have to migrate them all at once. The only time you need to do all the servers at once is when you're changing EV versions. If you're keeping the same EV version, you can migrate dependencies (OS, SQL Server) independently.

--Chris

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000107844

That note says that migration is possible from 11.0.1 to 11.0.1 (in Windows 2012 R2) using migration wizard...

Wow, mea culpa on this one. I will edit my original response to remove the erroneous claim. Thanks for pointing this out.

--Chris

Thanks everyone for your anwsers.  This was a big help!

Can the wizard be used to migrate 11.0.1 (server 2008R2) to 11.0.1 on (server 2012R2)?  I am only seeing the wizard talked about being used to migrate to to serves that and that have different versions of EV and OS?  If so can i get a link to that migration wizard or is that the same wizard that is located here?

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000062955