cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 11 SCOM Management Pack

Elio_C
Level 6

Hi,

Having just installed the EV11 SCOM MP I am now configuring the rules and monitors. Rather than the defaults, which IMO are way too 'noisy', I'm trying to come up with a core set of monitors which I will set to email to let me know when something is seriously wrong. 

Currently I am enabling only the below as email alerts as "Service Down" alerting is my goal.

Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.AdminService.Monitor AdminService.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.ClientAccessProvisioningTask.Monitor ClientAccessProvisioningTask.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.DirectoryService.Monitor DirectoryService.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.ExchangeMailboxTask.Monitor ExchangeMailboxTask.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.ExchangeProvisioningTask.Monitor ExchangeProvisioningTask.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.IISService.Monitor IISService.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.IndexAdministrationTask.Monitor IndexAdministrationTask.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.IndexingService.Monitor IndexingService.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.ShoppingService.Monitor ShoppingService.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.StorageService.Monitor StorageService.Monitor
Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Latest.TaskControllerService.Monitor TaskControllerService.Monitor

Attached is an export of the MP rules and monitors, does anyone have any advice or tips on which are most useful or how they have configured their monitoring.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0