cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 11 search in different language

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hello,

How can I change the language os Enterprise Vault Search (vs 11 0 1) in Portugueses Brazilian? 

Our workstations/offices are installed in Portugueses from Portugal, our servers are installed in "EN"

Symantec Enterprise Vault™ Administrator's Guide 11 0 Page 368

António Mourão

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Antonio,

I assume you mean the search on the user's computer? or http://evserver/enterprisevault/search.asp?

I only could find below. When trying, if you open the above mentioned search.asp, then click the settings icon (in IE, might be different for Chrome etc), click Internet Options. Click Languages. Click Set Language Preferences. Select (or add) Portugueses Brazilian. Then use Move Up to move that to be the 1st language. Close the settings. Refresh page.

Other problems: Web Access application
English text is displayed instead of text in the language of the web browser. The language file needs to be in the same folder as the English language file (en.lan) and the Active Server Page (.asp) files. The language is that of the user's web browser and not that of the IIS computer. If the correct language file does not exist, English is used. The name of the language file is language.lan.

Regards. Gertjan

Tonaco_pt
Hi Gertjan,
I keeping getting 
Spoiler
Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

so my question is in the attached file

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Antonio,

I don't have any further suggestions to try. Sorry. 

Perhaps an upgrade to EV12.5 is advisable....

Regards. Gertjan

Tonaco_pt

Hi Gertjan

The upgrade is the next step, now we are upgrading the Exchange Server. We are about to migrate 10k mailbox

Thank you for your help

Tonaco_pt

hi,

I figure out how to get the Portuguese (Brazil) language, this simple and explained in the manual.

Office Mail APP

OWA - Mailbox must be configured in PT-BR
Outlook - The preferred display language must be PT-BR

Enterprise Vault Search

In default/used Browser the Preferred language PT-BR must be first or at least before the EV supported language.