Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 12.3 Server Settings Migration wizard and EMC Atmos Storage

Ptolemee
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

About to perform a migration/upgrade from EV 11.0.1 to EV12.3 using the Enterprise Vault 12.3 Server Settings Migration wizard. There are 3 sources EV11.0.1 servers using EMC Atmos storage as location for te Vault Store partitions. The Migration Wizard documentation does not mention anything about the EMC Atmos storage. Will the EMC partition connection (IP adresses) be retained? or do I need to reconfigure the connection and if so at which stage? What about the Profile Entry Authorization (PEA) file? do I just need to copy it acrossfrom source to taget servers? Thnaks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

As far as I know, the configuration will be retained (the connection ip-addresses). You will have to copy the existing PEA file to the new servers. Preferably in the same location as where it is now, otherwise you need to change the location after the migration.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

As far as I know, the configuration will be retained (the connection ip-addresses). You will have to copy the existing PEA file to the new servers. Preferably in the same location as where it is now, otherwise you need to change the location after the migration.

Regards. Gertjan

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Yes, the IP configuration for the Atmos partitions should be carried across. For the PEA file, you can copy it, but our recommendation is that you store that thing on a file share anyway, so if you followed that approach then you wouldn't need to copy it around to each machine.

--Chris

Ptolemee
Level 4

Thank you for confirming. Will apply follow intrusctions in the Widard's PDF for the rest.

Ptolemee
Level 4

Thank you for confirming. Will copy over the PEA file to new server if necessary and follow intrusctions in the Wizard's PDF for the rest.