cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 8.0 is not working after enabling Windows firewall in Exchange 2007

Patil
Level 3
Partner

Hi All,
         I have implemented Enterprise Vault 8.0 to archive Exchange 2007 mails. when I disable the windows firewall that time EV functions well and not facing any problem in day to day transaction, but due to security purpose I can leave exchange server open for everyone so for security I have enabled Windows Firewall, afer enabling Archiving task for Exchange server is not working, after few days observation I came to know that MAPI profile configured in EV is not working due to firewall restriction, because mapi communicates on port 135 dynamically so Exchange is not allowing to use MAPI profile. 

Details:.
Details of ports and program added to exception list in Windows Filewall

Ports Protocol
389 Both
445 TCP
135 Both
80 TCP
53 Both
88 Both
123 UDP
135 TCP
464 Both
636 TCP
Services: File and Print Sharing
Program: lsass.exe and ntfrs.exe

I request to you all to help me to solve this problem

8 REPLIES 8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
are you using DCOM or HTTP? 

If you dont know how to tell - (Outlook) Help --> About Enterprise Vault:

Enterprise Vault 8.0 (8.0.1.1560.0 dcom) <-- DCOM
Enterprise Vault 8.0 (8.0.1.1560.0 http) <-- HTTP 

If you running the dcom client you can make it use http :) therefore all you will need open is 80 to the Enterprise Vault Server.

--wayne

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
I suggest you to use HTTP mode  if not

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 I think you would need to follow some MS articles about this - support.microsoft.com/kb/270836

P
ossibly this article may help as well - www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Protecting-Exchange-2003-Windows-Firewall.html

T
hough you could make it easier by allowing any to any from EV Server to the Exchange server?

Patil
Level 3
Partner
Due to enterprise vault server installation, i cant install outlook addins on ev server, and  HTTP/RPC is not enabled for any user.

can I configure Exchange with pop3-smtp?? will EV work with pop3 outlook profile?
Kindly suggest.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
NO, we cannot archive using pop3, but I dont quite understand what your issue is.

Patil
Level 3
Partner
 msexchange. org article about Security configuration wizard works in testing environemnt, now have to test with live.

MichelZ
Level 6
News?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

MichelZ
Level 6
Patil

Any news here?
Did it work what you tested?

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.