cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 8 calndar archiving

EVRocks
Level 5

hello,

I have a EV8 SP4 and Exchange 2007 environment. Is it possible to set two archiving rules/policies for the same users.

Basically due to the way EV archives calendar items I need to set up two separate policies one for archiving email items and another one for archiving calendar. I am not sure if this feature has been added in EV 9 or EV 10.
Also when EV archive calendar does it use the start or end or modified date.

Please feel free to make any suggestions.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It might be possible with EVPM to apply a specific filter to the Calendar.

What is it you would like to do with the Calendar items?

EV will be using modified date for archiving purposes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It might be possible with EVPM to apply a specific filter to the Calendar.

What is it you would like to do with the Calendar items?

EV will be using modified date for archiving purposes.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

hi hawry, thanks continuing the discussion here instead of on LinkedIn. can you give us an example of how you'd like the email items to be handled vs the calendar items?

Glenn_Martin
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You should also read this technote which was actually updated yesterday, it explains the additional options to avoice archivied unexpired calendar events & pending reminders. But IMHO it's worth setting the policy to just strip out the attachments from calendar items but obviously depends what you are trying to achieve over all.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130640&actp=SUBSCRIPTION

EVRocks
Level 5

Than you Guys for replying to my query much appreciated.

Currently we are only archiving emails with the policy of archiving emails older than 31 days and we now need to start archiving calendar  due to the increase of calendar size on user’s mailboxes. However, due to the compatibility of calendar items in Exchange and the way EV is archiving calendar entries (reoccurring items) I need to have an additional/separate policy by were archiving calendar older than 1 year. As you know EV will skip the archive if the user  listed in two targets.  Ultimately I was trying to set an archiving policy for calendar folder to reduce the size of calendar folder on the mailbox but since EV does not remove the calendar items and does not replace it with the shortcuts I was going to have a scrip to go to the mailboxes and then delete calendar items older than 1 year but now  I am guessing enabling the “Strip attachment to non-shortcuts, “Archive unexpired Calendar  event”  and “Do not archive pending reminder” will allow the reduction of calendar size without using a script to remove calendar entries on the mailboxes.

Cheers