cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 tab went missing in Office 2010

dgoodyear
Level 5

I have two Windows 7, Office 2010 users and one windows 7, Office 2007 user that experienced this issue.  They would open Outlook and the enterprise vault tab or the tool bar would be missing.  The client (9.0.1) was installed and the add-in showed up in the Outlook addins as enabled.  But EV was not appearing. 

All three eventually started working again through various fixes that seemed completely random.  One was a reboot of the machine, one was a resynch of the mailbox, and the other was a UAC settings change.  They all seemed very unrelated.  However, I did look at the ev client logs on each machine and all three gave the same three lined error.  Also of note, the problem didnt' all occur with each user at the same time

03/02/2011 20:05:12.761[6128]: Log file created (level 1).
03/02/2011 20:05:12.761[6128]: A COM error exception has been caught: 80040111
03/02/2011 20:05:13.750[6128]: FUI: Not loading UI as action map is empty.  Is the user enabled?

Could anyone shed any light on what might have caused it or what this error means?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Sorry, yeah i should have made that more clear, the ConfigureMsgService is regarding Closest GC on the server, for the client trace though, not sure how much the extra tracing will give you if anything, it may be something as simple as UAC or permissions to certain parts of the registry....it could be that a simple resetevclient.exe will fix it
But it could very well also go the other way to where you may need to do memory dumps and/or procomons on the end user machine

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JesusWept3
Level 6

0x80040111 in Microsoft MAPI errors = MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED
However with Enterprise Vault it most likely means "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class"

I dont suppose you are seeing any errors in the system logs of the ev client?

dgoodyear
Level 5

The error I posted above are in the ev client logs in the temp directory on those clients.

I'm seeing some of tthe following on the server but I'm not sure if they were correllating to the clients:

Source: Enterprise Vault

Event ID 3411

An error has been reported by ConfigureMsgService.  It may be due to a problem contacting a Global Catalogue Server.

Exchange Server: <ourservername>
Mailbox: SMTP:VSA.<ourservername>@<ourdomain>.com
Error: MAPI_E_NETWORK_ERROR 0x80040115 

JesusWept3
Level 6

How many domains do you target in your environment?
If you have two or less, then would suggest using the "Closest GC" registry key to resolve the issue

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

FYI the error you're getting on the server is not related to the one you're getting in the client log file.

Working for cloudficient.com

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

By the way you might want to edit the registry on an affected user, and increasing the log level to 3, and try to reproduce the problem ... just in case more is logged in the full trace than the normal one you pasted above.

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6

Sorry, yeah i should have made that more clear, the ConfigureMsgService is regarding Closest GC on the server, for the client trace though, not sure how much the extra tracing will give you if anything, it may be something as simple as UAC or permissions to certain parts of the registry....it could be that a simple resetevclient.exe will fix it
But it could very well also go the other way to where you may need to do memory dumps and/or procomons on the end user machine

dgoodyear
Level 5

All three clients exhibited the same error in the client log and the same missing EV toolbar/tab.  It was just odd that there seemed to be there different fixes to get it to work.  One machine I resynched the policy from the server and EV reappeared.  One client, resetevclient was run and uac permissions removed and the client reappeared.  The last machine, rebooting brought it back.   I'll have to monitor it and try some more specific resolution methods to narrow it down and also increase the logging level.

As an aside, using the Closest GC reg key on the server did seem to get rid of the global catalog errors.