Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - 9.0.2.1061

kcyouth4life
Level 2

Hi

My first post and very simple question.

If in EV archive setting i have set the Override setting "Never Archive Items Younger Than " option to 20 days. The user then highlights a mail that is 5 days old in theor inbox and click the "Store" using the EV plugin in outlook. Will that item be archived the next time the archiving process runs?

/Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No.

The report mode run will go through the mailbox and identify items based on policy.  The item marked by the user will be pending archive, therefore won't be eligible for archiving by the task.  There might be a space on the report to show the number of pending items -- I don't have access to a system to check -- it would appear there, as it's just a pending item now.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No, it'll be archived immediately.

The manual 'store in vault' button performs the archiving operation immediately.

kcyouth4life
Level 2

thanks Rob. As a followup, if the user selects an item using the "store in vault" button. It is then marked for archiving, if i then run the archiving process in report mode. Would the items the user mark for archiving using the button in the outlook client be reflected in the report?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No.

The report mode run will go through the mailbox and identify items based on policy.  The item marked by the user will be pending archive, therefore won't be eligible for archiving by the task.  There might be a space on the report to show the number of pending items -- I don't have access to a system to check -- it would appear there, as it's just a pending item now.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

The option "Never Archive Items Younger Than" has effect with schedule archiving. If you allow users to archive any emails from Outlook, once they archive an email, it will be archived immediatly. Of course, the item will stay in pending or not depending of your Vault Store setting for remove safety copies. In that case, the archiving task in report mode will not take it in consideration since its IPM class is not IPM.Note.

I hope this helps.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

When user clicks on "Store in vault" button, item is actually ARCHIVED (not marked for archiving). If you see the pending archive clock icon, that reflects that its awaiting backup of archived item and then start post processing of that item and convert it into shortcut.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi kcyouth4life,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic? If not, please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.