cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 9.0.5134 client for Outlook 2010 (HTTP Only) issue

Conners
Level 2

Hi,

Breaking this question out from another thread.

Having installed the new HTTP only client, I can see an Enterprise Vault menu in Outlook 2010, with the new "Store" and "Restore" buttons.

However, trying to archive produces the error "You cannot archive items from this location",. and restoring produces "You cannot restore items to this location. If you are trying to restore from a shortcut, copy and move it to your mailbox and then restore". (This info is erroneous).

Double-clicking on a vaulted item, however, restores it.

Rob has suggested that it sounds like I'm trying to archive something in my virtual vault folders. 

Unfortunately I'm not sure what's meant by virtual vault folders. Could you possible me how to produce a client log file as suggested?

We are presently running version 9 and Exchange 2003. 

Kind regards

Conners

29 REPLIES 29

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you have a client log?

That version is NOT the Outlook 2010 client.  The Outlook 2010 EV Addin version is 9.0.1.1038.

Working for cloudficient.com

Conners
Level 2

That's the version I downloaded from the licensing portal. The package describes itself as 9.0.1, but in Add/Remove Programmes the version no. is 9.0.5134.

From your response I assume the fact the latter number displays in appwiz.cpl is a coding error, but I'm running the latest version - the one released within the past few days.

I'll look up how to produce a client log.

Conners

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Ah yes.. you're right ( I will check if we have that bugged already ).

In the meantime please confirm the steps you perform to reproduce the problem (and collect a client log if possible)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The version information has now been bugged, by me.  Hopefully we can address that in the near future.

dmoy
Level 3

Is the Outlook 2010 client released as yet? I downloaded the HTTP-only and am experiencing the same behavior as noted earlier. How should users with SEV-enabled mailboxes manually archive items?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The Outlook 2010 EV Add-in is delivered as part of the 9.0.1 Client Early Release kit.  So yes, you have the 9.0.1 Early Release Kit (there will be another client kit as part of the main release of 9.0.1).

Please explain the exact steps to reproduce your problem, and provide a client trace (with maximum logging enabled) and I'll see if I can a) reproduce it and b) determine what's happening from your client log file.

It would also be helpful to know whether you're running 64 bit Windows, and 64 bit Office, or some combination of 64 Bit and 32 Bit, or all 32 Bit.

New_K
Level 2

Hello, I am also having the same issue. I recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0.0.1193. The uogreade went smoothly and I even pushed the "Symantec Enterprise Vault HTTP-only Outlook Add-In (en) Build 9.0.1.1038" through the gpo and it all worked fine until this morning when users tried restore vaulted messages and got the error "You cannot restore items to this location." However, double-clicking on the message opens it with message on top saying " There was an error loading this item -- some functionalities may not be available"

Please help

New_K
Level 2

Forgot to mention, I also updated the server with Outlook 2010. Could this have anything to do with it?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Outlook 2010 on the EV is not supported.  So yes, it could well have something to do with it. I would uninstall, clean up, and go back to Outlook 2003 / Outlook 2007.

New_K
Level 2

Rob, I did remove outlook 2010, rebooted the server and installed outlook 2003. Still the same issue. Any idea what else could be causing this issue?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay, so what are the steps to reproduce the problem?  Have you obtained a full client trace?

dmoy
Level 3

I've attached the dtrace and a screenshot to make things clearer. To re-create the issue is very simple. Highlight an email in the Inbox and click on "Store" from the Enterprise Vault ribbon.

dmoy
Level 3

Is there a KB on removing the Symantec EV client manually? It appears my client installation may be corrupt - there are multiple entries for the EV client in Add/Remove Programs. Using the Uninstall option prompts for the .MSI, but the process ends in an invalid installer file.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

dmoy, thanks for the screenshot, and the trace.  I think it would be better to get a trace from the client.  Do you know how to get one of those?

I don't know of a manual uninstall technote unfortunately.

I can see you're trying to store an item in the Inbox.  Do you have Exchange Managed Folders configured, and is the Inbox one of them ?

New_K
Level 2

Guys, I believe to have resolved this issue in my case. It had to do with pushing the old EV 7.5 Outlook Add-in and the latest EV HTTP-only Outlook Add-In to clients through gpos simultaneously. I completely forgot to disable the old one. Once I did, and allowed for the DCs to replicate, issue was resolved. Users can now store and restore from vault at will. Before that I had noticed that deleting the outlook profile and recreating it gave back functionality. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It's good to know that you worked it out :)

dmoy
Level 3

Rob,

I gave the technical support number a call and have a ticket pending. It appears the issue comes installing the HTTP-only client over the regular full-feature client (without uninstalling first). Are there any plans on releasing a full client to allow seamless integration into existing GPOs?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hmm that's interesting.  What exactly were your upgrade steps?

Outlook 2007 + DCOM client

Upgraded to 9.0.1 Early Release Client

Upgrade to Outlook 2010

?

Or are the last two lines reversed?  I'm just trying to figure out a repro of the issue .. that way it can be progressed towards a future-fix.

Ameen
Level 6

Hi All,

I did download the 9.0.1 Early Release Client  and installed in one of my Windows 7 system and its working good. I can able to archive, retrieve etc from Outlook 2010.

Ameen.