cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 9.0 & Microsoft Exchange Online Services (MS BPOS)

RVD
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

In the 'New features' list for Enterprise Vault 9.0, i discovered following section:

Support for Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS)

Allows customer to host MS Exchange while reap the benefits of an onsite compliance and discovery solution like Enterprise Vault.
  • Data privacy concerns are paramount and need to maintain internal control of sensitive data and investigations.
  • Companies are benefiting from in sourcing the Ediscovery process which enables early case assessment significantly lowering risk and legal costs.

Does this mean that there is overall support for BPOS for EV, i.e. mailbox archiving for Online Exchange servers?

One of our customers currently running Exchange 2003 servers in combination with Autonomy EAS indecision  is planning a migration to the MS BPOS suite for Exchange.

The combination EV - BPOS,  is this possible for mailbox archiving?

Greetz,

RVD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

For mailbox archiving, no.  Journal archiving yes.  You should be able to get more information from your friendly, local product manager, or account manager.
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

For mailbox archiving, no.  Journal archiving yes.  You should be able to get more information from your friendly, local product manager, or account manager.

zmcmanus
Level 2

Is mailbox archiving something that is being developed for BPOS, or are customers being forced to migrate away from their existing EV implementations?

Understood that journaling is supported, I'm specifically looking for mailbox archiving.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I don't believe in the current implementation of Microsoft BPOS that it's possible for 3rd parties to do mailbox archiving.  However, that's just what I've heard.  If you want something more official you'd have to contact your local friendly account/product manager.

Alex_Brown
Level 5
Employee

At present there is no solution for using Enterprise Vault mailbox archiving and MS BPOS. We are looking at various solutions to this but at present only offer Journal Archiving and PST migration capabilities.