Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 9.0 WebApp URL Change

Chris_Colden
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I have a customer who has no ISA server and is using Exchange 2007. I need to configure the WebApp url to an address which is accessable internally and externally over https.

As of version 8.0 the WebApp url has been removed from the site properties and required a database modification to change the url.

This seems to make the required changes on the database ok, however on EV 9.0, when you open the site properties to change something like the schedule, it also gives you a warning that you are about to change the port number. This isn't changing the port number its still 443, but it does change the WebApp url back to the default, thus I cannot guarentee that it will always be correct.

As this URL is stored in the shortcuts and the customer uses RPC over HTTP (Outlook Anywhere), I need this to remain the same so not to break shortcut functionality (ie. I don't want them being created with the wrong address in).

Am I doing something wrong here?
Has this changed again in EV 9.0?
If so how should I be configuring this?

Many thanks for your help,

Chris Colden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Colden
Level 3
Partner

Hi

I changed the cname of the ev server in the directory db to use a split dns address. This allowed me to use the same SSL cert internally and externally.

All works fine now, but does seem to be a limitation.

Many thanks,

Chris Colden

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Chris,

I noticed the same thing.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/default-web-app-url-v8

No 'real' solution. I guess you first need to get your site-settings correct, then modify the database.

Regards. Gertjan

Chris_Colden
Level 3
Partner

Hi

I changed the cname of the ev server in the directory db to use a split dns address. This allowed me to use the same SSL cert internally and externally.

All works fine now, but does seem to be a limitation.

Many thanks,

Chris Colden