Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 9 - Deuduplication

Morgoth
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi All,

the http://www.symantec.com/business/enterprise-vault states under Features part that Enterprise does deduplication (" Global deduplication of Archived Content (i.e. email, files, sharepoint, IM, databases".). Is this true? I am aware that until now EV only did OSIS and dedupe (block level deduplication) was not available.

Also in one of Symantec`s pre-sales seminars it was stated by Symantec employees that EV 9 will feature "Puredisk engine" for dedupe (block level). Is this available in EV 9 now ( i am not able to find anything related to this in any of documents regarding EV 9, also deduplication is nowhere mentioned)

Thank You,

Kresimir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It does not do Block Level dedup. It does OSIS and the new feature is with regard to DA.

Previously on DA when you searched or produced data you would get duplicate entries in the search and in the data produced by DA. This has now been corrected as part of DA 9

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It does not do Block Level dedup. It does OSIS and the new feature is with regard to DA.

Previously on DA when you searched or produced data you would get duplicate entries in the search and in the data produced by DA. This has now been corrected as part of DA 9

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You can have de-dupe (if the storage allows it) OR OSIS but not at the same time
there are some features like liam said that are referred to de-duplication in DA but that just stacks index results so that you dont have 20 pages of the same item for instance.

As for puredisk, I wouldn't bet on that being available any time soon, but i could be wrong

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Morgoth
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thank you all for your time.. this helps