cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Add-in in VDI Environment

habibalby
Level 5

Hello,

We are currently deploying VDI solution where for our users. I have built Windows 8.1 Ent template with all the required softwares installed including Outlook 2013 and the Symantec Add-in plugin.

I have noticed when I launch the outlook for the first time, it asks to process the enable wizard in order to enable the Enterprise Vault Add-in. Following the wizard for Persistant Desktop users works fine as this wizard has to run once only, but for the users who has Pooled Desktops it's quite challange. Everyday they have to run the wizard as their desktops are not persistant.

Is there a way to auto launch the add-in without prompting the user to follow this wizard everytime?

Is there any other recommendations when it comes to Enterprise Vault for Exchange 2007 and performance for VDI envrionment when users tries to fetch an archived items?

Highly appreciate your input.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is the pop-up related to:

New_Document_-_Royal_TSX.png

Specifically the option 'Allow users to decide'

See even if you make it automatically enable Vault Cache, and Virtual Vault, because of your thin client desktop stuff each time a user opens Outlook after they login, a 'new' Vault Cache/Virtual Vault will be created. Now if you do the header mode stuff, as is described in the compatibility charts, that will help. But it will still mean you get a FULL MDC built every time a user logs in.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you had a look at the latest compatibility guide, it suggests some steps for 'thin clients'.

habibalby
Level 5

Hi Rob,

Not actually, highly appreciate if you can post a link.

Regards,

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH35595.html

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Link for compatibility guide https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH38537.html

habibalby
Level 5

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the link, It actually speaks about the published Outlook on Citrix environment via Terminal Services, where in my case is a Desktop installed with Outlook 2013 and Symantec Enterprise Vault Add-In plugin are installed on the same Machine.

When user lauches Outlook, it promot with Enterprise Vault wizard and after that it takes the settings and it never prompt the user when he/she closes Outlook and relaunch it again. But when the user logs off of the Desktop and Relaunch Outlook, it prompt again to run the Enterprise Vault Wizard.

Is there any settings on Enterprise Vault Server that can be done to stop this prompt?

Regards,

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Is your outlook running in cached mode?

Did you refer this  https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH35595.html

habibalby
Level 5

Hi Rahul,

Outlook is online mode and OST file for first time login is being created on the Home Drive of the user.

Regards,

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is the pop-up related to:

New_Document_-_Royal_TSX.png

Specifically the option 'Allow users to decide'

See even if you make it automatically enable Vault Cache, and Virtual Vault, because of your thin client desktop stuff each time a user opens Outlook after they login, a 'new' Vault Cache/Virtual Vault will be created. Now if you do the header mode stuff, as is described in the compatibility charts, that will help. But it will still mean you get a FULL MDC built every time a user logs in.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if outlook is in online mode and it's a nonpersistant desktop then it doesnt make sense to have vault cache or virtual vault enabled for your users. can you :

a) check your EV desktop policy for the setting? (see screenshot by rob above)

b) post a screenshot of the wizard your users are getting?

habibalby
Level 5

Hello,

I don't have this settings; I'm using verison 10.0.4.1189.

I will post the screen shot.

Thanks,

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Those settings have been in the desktop policy on the EV Server (in the VAC) since about EV 8.. so you must have them.

habibalby
Level 5

Hi Rob,

Please refer to the screen shots which appears to the user whenever tries he/she signs off / reboot the machine. This is happening for both the Persistant and Pooled Desktops.Enterprise Vault -1.jpg

Enterprise Vault -2.jpg

Enterprise Vault -3.jpg

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Then you need to change the desktop policy in the VAC -- like I showed.

habibalby
Level 5

Hi Rob,

I can't see the Vault Cache in the Exchange Default Desktop Policy.. Please have a look at the screen shot.

Regards,

EVServer Exchange Desktop Policy.jpg

AndrewB

the screenshot you posted is the mailbox policy. look at the desktop policy. (below mailbox in the left hand side of the console.)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Did you figure this out?

habibalby
Level 5

Hi Rob,

Thanks, I have disabled this setting as it was enabled for users (Make vault cache available for users).

I have disabled it now and I will try and I will let you  know..

thanks,

AndrewB

dont forget to sync after making the changes. that's should be the last thing to take care of this for you.