cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Admin Service

stoner
Level 2

Got an issue with Enterprise Vault Admin Service; all the other services are running with the correct service account but the Enterprise Vault Admin Service account wont start with it. I have to use my administration account then after a certain time it stops and I have to then run it as a colleagues admin account then when that crashes another colleagues admin account, can not use the same one twice. I'm going to run out of colleagues soon.

Very strange?

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The fact the service crashes with your and your colleagues admin accounts would lead me to believe the issue isn't with the EV VSA but rather a configuration issue with the EV server. 

Do you see any errors in the Windows logs?

The lastest admin person is ceating this error but it is working at the moment.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Enterprise Vault
Date:          12/03/2020 14:46:31
Event ID:      40966
Task Category: Monitoring
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      server name
Description:
A program fault has raised an exception.

Exception: Login failed for user 'domain\admin account'.
Diagnostic: Num:18456 State:1 Sev:14 Svr:sql server Proc: Line:65536
Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Reference:

Command Line: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVMonitoring.exe" -URL:tcp://172.31.4.110:26554/7fcaf68e_417d_4cfc_9529_3b3c2be1274c/KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManager19473824
Application Domain: EVMonitoring.exe
Process Id: 10008
Thread Id: 884
Stack Trace:    at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryDBAccess.ReadEntries(String dnsAlias, DataRow drSelector)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryAccessor.ReadEntries(String siteUrn, DataRow selector, TimeSpan cacheTimeout)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryAccessor.ReadEntries(String siteUrn, DataRow selector)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.GetComputerEntries(String SiteID, String SiteUrn)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.IsConfigured()
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.Monitor(Object fn)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://telemetry.community.veritas.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=12.1.0.0&build=12.1....
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Enterprise Vault" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">40966</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>106</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-03-12T14:46:31.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>662683</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Server name</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>A program fault has raised an exception.

Exception: Login failed for user 'adm account'.
Diagnostic: Num:18456 State:1 Sev:14 Svr:sq server Proc: Line:65536
Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Reference:

Command Line: "D:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVMonitoring.exe" -URL:tcp://ip:26554/7fcaf68e_417d_4cfc_9529_3b3c2be1274c/KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManager19473824
Application Domain: EVMonitoring.exe
Process Id: 10008
Thread Id: 884
Stack Trace:    at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryDBAccess.ReadEntries(String dnsAlias, DataRow drSelector)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryAccessor.ReadEntries(String siteUrn, DataRow selector, TimeSpan cacheTimeout)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectoryAccessor.ReadEntries(String siteUrn, DataRow selector)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.GetComputerEntries(String SiteID, String SiteUrn)
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.IsConfigured()
   at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ContentCacheRequestManager.CCRMMonitor.Monitor(Object fn)</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Prone2Typos
To me this reads like it is failing to authenticate to the SQL server for the account suggested when attempting to collect monitoring data. You need to give this account appropriate permissions to MSSQL server and that has a good chance of fixing your stuff

I will check that but still strange I can't use the service account but this service account is fine at my other location which using the same SQL database.

Thank you for you replies.

GertjanA

Hi, this started 'suddenly and out of the blue'?

Are you sure nothing has changed in AD in regards to the original account? Is it still enabled, not locked out etc?

What I would do:

Logon with the original Vault Service Account. Run Deployment Scanner. See if that gives something. When that is ok, stop services. Make sure the admin service is configured to use VSA. Start DTRACE, trace the admin service, then start the admin service. Wait for it to crash. Styop DTRACE, examine logfile. Probably you will find something indicating the reason for the failure.

Regards. Gertjan