Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - Archiving from Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010

InsentraCameron
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello all,

Quick question.

My customer had been archiving from Exchange 2003. He added a new Exchange 2010 server. I configured EV to archive from the new Exchange 2010 server. I moved the VSA to the Exchange 2010 box and configured the permissions correctly. Archiving from Exchange 2010 works with no issues. The Mailbox Archiving Tasks for the Exchange 2003 servers are now failing to start.

The error is like:

The Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for XXX' failed to log on to Exchange server 'xxx' using mailbox 'SMTP:kvs-mbx@domainname'.

Event ID: 3305

Is there anything obvious that I may have missed?

Cheers

Cameron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You might want to verify the Exch 2003 system mbx's are 1. still on the Exch 2003 servers, 2. are not hidden, and 3. you can create an outlook profile and open them from the EV server.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Are you using  VSA account as your System mailbox for the Exchange 2003 Mailbox archiving task ?

You may probably specify a different mailbox as a system mailbox the exchange 2003 archiving Task.

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If vault service account is not you system Mailbox on the Exchange 2003 Server tehn

Please check the below article 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH42988

I would also check if i can configure system mailbox profile in outlook on EV server while logged in as a VSA account.

InsentraCameron
Level 4

Each Exchange 2003 server has its own system mailbox.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You might want to verify the Exch 2003 system mbx's are 1. still on the Exch 2003 servers, 2. are not hidden, and 3. you can create an outlook profile and open them from the EV server.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree with Tony..  From the EV server verify that you can create an Outlook profile to each system mailbox in turn, and then open Outook to test that it works properly.

Working for cloudficient.com

InsentraCameron
Level 4

Thanks gents. I will test this afternoon.