cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Archiving

Hassan_Abdul_Ka
Level 3

Hi,

We are using Enterprise Vault for Email archiving and we face a problems in accessing shared mailbox archived items.

I have given the access to the user fro the shared mailbox and given the access for the archived items also in EV Admin.

But when the user tries to access the archived items he gets the error meesage saying he doesn't have permission to access this item and requested to provoide anotehr credentials.

Thanks,

Regards,

HAK

14 REPLIES 14

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Is there a corresponding error on the EV server? 

Hassan_Abdul_Ka
Level 3

Hi,

No, there is no erro shown. only the users can't access the shared mailbox archived items. they can open the email but not the attachements.

Thanks,

HAK

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You may wanna strafe storageonlineopns and AuthServer and ensure that the user requesting the credentials is truly the user that has been given access through the VAC
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Hassan_Abdul_Ka
Level 3

Thanks for the post,

Yes they can retrive their own vault items but not the shared mailbox items.

And i have tried with given the access to the group and also fro the individual user but no luck.

Don't know why it is now working.

JesusWept3
Level 6

by strafe , i meant dtrace, the iphone autocorrected it for me
Get the dtrace and see whats going on, it might post something more useful

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Hassan_Abdul_Ka
Level 3

Still no luck on this issue and i couldn't fix it.

Can anybody help?

Am i doing the right security setting for accessing the shared mailbox archived items ?

I have given the access to the user for the shared mailbox and given the access for the archived items also in EV Admin.

Thanks,

HAK

Denis_Kattithar
Level 3
Accredited Certified

Check for any Deny permissions on the Archive for the specific users or any associated groups.

Constanze
Level 4

Can the users access the data via EV search? Is the shared mailbox selectable there at least?

Hassan_Abdul_Ka
Level 3

Hi,

Yest theu can open\veiw  the emails and see the EV contents but itwon't allow them to download or view the attachments.

It gives the error message that they don't have permission to open it.

I have given the full right for that mailbox for the users and groups.

Thanks,

MichelZ
Level 6

Can you attach us screenshots for all you did? (Permissions)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Hassan_Abdul_Ka
Level 3

Please find the attached screenshot as requested, I have given the permission in both AD and EV properties.

Constanze
Level 4

I guess you need to add more screenshots/group membership information to make sure the user is not denied via any group membership. (Too bad there is nothing like "effective permissions" on NTFS.)
Maybe you should also post the original error message. Thanks.

Constanze
Level 4

Another thought that came to my mind over the weekend: have the attachments originally been archived in that mailbox or have they been moved there after archiving from somewhere else? If somewhere else the permissions need to be checked of that original mailbox, too.

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Are the user and the shared mailboxes in the same domain and if so is there a two way trust between the domains?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128017