cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Backup using Robocopy

awb123
Level 2

Hi,

I have recently created a robocopy script to backup the Vault Store and only copies changes made instead of copying the data over and over again.

Here is the code:

robocopy "E:\Enterprise Vault Stores" "E:\SystemBackup\Backup" /E /SEC /COPYALL /PURGE /V /NP /R:10 /W:30 

My question is since I changed from using Windows Backup to robocopy emails are not being fully archived. They are in the state of 'This item is being archived, please do not copy/delete etc etc".

I believe its because robocopy the way I have setup is not clearing the Archive file attribute.  Would this be correct?

Does anyone use robocopy?  If so what code are they using?

I have found that I can manually do this job by running "attrib -a "E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\*.*" /S"

Is there a way of using robocopy to do this job as it copies the items?

Thanks,

Andy
2 REPLIES 2

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Yes, this sounds like the attribute is not reset.

There is a switch /M for robocopy -> Copies only files with the archive attribute set, but removes the archive attribute from source files

This will only copy items from the source with the attribute set. This way you have something like a inkremental backup.

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

You must set the a - archive attribute after your backup run on the files, then the shourtcuts will be updated. You have now surely the "after backup" vault store config enabled....

www.longerich.com

... book us !