Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Caches has different count of Elements

Kai_8z
Level 3

We have EV 11.48.0.160.4

the Client Version is 10.1

I have a User with two Laptops. Both of them have Vault Caches. But they have a different number  of Elements.

One have 109124  with 49,3GB

the second have 109176 with 49,1 GB

in his Archive are 107469.  with 36 GB

The Cache Sync where at the same time.
Can everyone explain why we have this 3 different numbers?
And why the cache is bigger then the archive?

We have done a full Reset so it should be equal.  or?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thanks for this information. i never heart it before. but it can't be our Problem.

the Caches on the 2 PCs are from the same Archiv.  So also the 'pre-emptive Caching '   should do the same.

I found out that if the user recall a mail from archiv, and then migrate it manually this mail would be two times in the Cache. I he is doing this again it will NOT  bring a third copy...  (whyever)

So i can imagine that if the user has recalled and migrated a view Mails in one of his Laptops that this is the reason for the difference..

But i am not sure

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

This might be due to the 'pre-emptive caching'. The EV client on the local machine will add items to the VC if they are going to be archived in the next x-days. You can check this in the desktop policy applied, tab advanced, dropdown Vault Cache, preemptive archiving in advance. The default is 7, which means that items that are going to be archived in the next 7 days are added to the VC.

Example:

You archive mailbox items older than 30 days. The above setting will add items older than 23 days to the VC. If the user deletes some items that are 26 days old, they will not be archived, but they are in the VC. I am not sure what happens if the 26 day old items are archived (i.e. is the VC then updated to remove the items which are not archived), but I am sure the Veritas support team can assist here.

I never deeply investigated this, so this is an educated guess. It might help you to determine if this is indeed the case.

Regards. Gertjan

thanks for this information. i never heart it before. but it can't be our Problem.

the Caches on the 2 PCs are from the same Archiv.  So also the 'pre-emptive Caching '   should do the same.

I found out that if the user recall a mail from archiv, and then migrate it manually this mail would be two times in the Cache. I he is doing this again it will NOT  bring a third copy...  (whyever)

So i can imagine that if the user has recalled and migrated a view Mails in one of his Laptops that this is the reason for the difference..

But i am not sure