Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Client For Outlook 2007

Chris_Wood_-_IT
Level 3

Hi Folks,

Hope your all well. 

Question: Should I be able to download the Enterprise Vault Client for Outlook from the Symantec Website and if so, does anyone know where it is? If not - does anyone know why? And for a bonus point - when will Outlook 2007 be officially supported.

Answers on a postcard please...

Thanks and Regards,

Chris.

6 REPLIES 6

Brian_Day
Level 6
The binaries are included in the full server download. OKL2K7 has been supported since EV 2007 SP3 on the client side I beleive, but Outlook 2003 SP2 is still the newest one supported on the server side.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
That's a hundred points for Brian! Robot tongue

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Chris_Wood_-_IT
Level 3

Thanks Gents. So just confirm - Symantec have aproved the Enterprise Vault Plugin For Outlook for use with Outlook 2007? If they have, they haven't done a great deal of testing. For example, the plugin constantly falls over when Outlook is used in Cached HTTP/RPC mode.

Regards,

Chris.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Chris

Have a look at the Compatibility Guide, Page 16.

It really is supported ;)

If you stumble accross failures, please post your exact findings that we may find a cause of it.

Or open a support Case on Symantec.

RPC over HTTP is sometimes a bit tricky...

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Brian_Day
Level 6

@Chris Wood - ITVplc wrote:

For example, the plugin constantly falls over when Outlook is used in Cached HTTP/RPC mode.

Regards,

Chris.

It works fine here, I'm running Outlook 2007 SP1 and I don't think it has ever failed in RPC over HTTP mode with Cached Mode enabled.

MarkB_2
Level 4
When you say Fails, what do you mean? Bit vague....