cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Cloud Journaling and Archiving

rajesh002
Not applicable

Hello All

We have recently implemented Symantec cloud Enterprise Vault for Journaling and archiving. We configured a send connector to journal all messages to Symantec Cloud.All the messages are flowing and can see all the messages in Personal Archive. So farso good. However, when I look at the message size in the Personal Archive the message size is bumped by 30% or more, eg: an email size of 1 mb is seen as 1.7 mb and another email size of 8 mb is seen as 11.1 mb and another email size of 40 mb is seen as 62.mb.

The senders and recepient of these emails report the correct size in Outlook. When these emails are restored from EV cloud the size is same as sent.

Here comes my problem, we set a message size limit of 50 mb for all incoming and outgoing emails -same as EV acceptance of message size

If any user is sending emails of 35 mb, the message size gets bumped up and get stuck in queues and HUB servers are throwing event id 8010
" A message with internal message id 277315 was rejected by the remote server"

If we cannot journal and archive any email of over 35 mb, the purpose of Cloud journaling is lost.

Anyone has come across with this kind of problem?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rajesh,

I highly recommend getting a case open with support as that will be the best way to get this question answered.

Regards,

Tony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rajesh,

I highly recommend getting a case open with support as that will be the best way to get this question answered.

Regards,

Tony

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If you look at places like Microsoft Technet you'll see that sending mails outside your Exchange organisation bloats the size because of conversion, and headers.

So, I would log a call with Microsoft to discuss that issue.

Also Enterprise Vault can't archive from the Exchange 2010 Personal Archive.

Working for cloudficient.com

Imran_Pasha
Not applicable

HI,

We are using symantec 12.1 version, after updating the Symantec client, it is not deleting the previous definition date folder from " Definitions\VirusDefs " folder,

If we try to delete the folder manually, we are getting this error "cannot delete ECMSVR32: Access is denied make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use"

Any resolution for this....

Thanks.....