cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Cloud

dennis_kloster
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have a customer that will be moving from a local Exchange install to Office 365 (cloud). They currently have a local EV 8 server. Since the goal is to move everything into the cloud, I need a way to get rid of the local server. I have looked at the EV cloud solution from Symantec, but I can't find a definitive answer as to whether or not you can move from a local install to the cloud and migrate all of your existing EV data. I assume that it's possible, but I can't find anything in writing. Has anyone done this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

its something you should probably talk to symantec sales and product management about as this is a fairly new thing, so im not sure what the experience is among the user base here

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

its something you should probably talk to symantec sales and product management about as this is a fairly new thing, so im not sure what the experience is among the user base here

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

it is definitely possible to migrate your on-premise EV data to any of the cloud archiving solutions out there since they all support ingestion from PST files. you can use TransVault, for example, to automate the migration of the EV data to PSTs. there's also talk about some of the cloud archiving vendors offering direct ingestion capabilites and i'm sure TransVault is on the forefront of having a connector for that ready soon.

Andrew_Clare
Level 3
Partner

Thanks Andrew,

Dennis on premise EV 8 is something very different to the technology currently in EV.Cloud so you would have to do a full extraction from EV 8 to some intermidiate storage and have the new cloud service ingest and process everything. 

Andrew B is correct, TransVault Migrator does have direct connectors to the cloud - EWS for Office 365 for example - that do away with the need for intermediate PST files, and a direct to EV.Cloud connector is being explored.