cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Configuration Wizard 10.0.4 does not recognise the correct permissions!

QuietLeni
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

I have installed EV at last (hurray) and now I am configuring the service using the Enterprise Vault Configuration Wizard.

All goes well for a time until i get to the section where I need to configure the EV Service:

2014-01-20_17h37_33_0.png

Well... I have set up the "Log on as a service", "Debug programs" and "Replace a process-level token" as can be seen here in the Local Security:

2014-01-20_17h46_12.png

(Smudged out.)

However, when I then process "Next >", I get the following:

2014-01-20_17h49_22.png

I have tried re-applying the Group Policy to this machine and rebooting and restarting the process, but to now avail. Is this a problem with the installer, not picking up the permissions and is there a log to give me exactly what might be going on underneath?

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Quiet,

A few questions:

* Is the VSA a domain account and a local admin in the Enterprise Vault server?

* Are you logged in into the Enterprise Vault server with the Vault Service Account?

* Are there any special GPO or security settings applied to the Windows OS?

Looking at the error message, it appears to be that the account doesn't have permissions on the server to set the security levels for the account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Quiet,

A few questions:

* Is the VSA a domain account and a local admin in the Enterprise Vault server?

* Are you logged in into the Enterprise Vault server with the Vault Service Account?

* Are there any special GPO or security settings applied to the Windows OS?

Looking at the error message, it appears to be that the account doesn't have permissions on the server to set the security levels for the account.

QuietLeni
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Answered questions:

* Yes, ordinary domain, but local admin.

* No, but when I logged in again, I logged in as the EV Service Account and it worked.

* Only the ones that set the extra "Logon as a service", "Debug programs" and "Replace a process-level token" privileges.

As i can say, it seemed to be that logging in as the EV Service Account made it work.