cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault DR solution

ArchiveGuy2015
Level 2

Hello,

I have been given a task to form a DR scenario for Enterprise Vault (EV). I don't want to build full blown DR from scratch but merely EV SQL recovery process and verify by EV.  For example:

- Redirect recovery for EV SQL database (index, directory, or fingerprint)

- Use MS SQL management to verify sql recovery

- Use EV to confirm if all sql databases are OK and can be accessed.

I have read the white paper DR for EV but that explains from buiding new EV server and SQL server.  Is there a smaller scale of this DR for enterprise vault?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Restore db's to SQL server, Open Evault admin and point to new SQL server.  This is even easier if you use a C:name alias for the SQL server, it that case you could just restore the SQL dbs to any server and point DNS to the new server and restart EV.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Restore db's to SQL server, Open Evault admin and point to new SQL server.  This is even easier if you use a C:name alias for the SQL server, it that case you could just restore the SQL dbs to any server and point DNS to the new server and restart EV.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What are you doing with regards to storage, and DR?

Working for cloudficient.com

ArchiveGuy2015
Level 2

thanks for the reply Gents.  Sorry I just looked at the comments now.  

So if i just restore EV SQL database to another server with same name, then points EV server to new server (with same name), then verify connectivity and function. Once the testing completed, then shutdown new EV sql and bring up old EV SQL, then reconnect EV to original EV sql.

Doesn't that sound do able then?

thank you

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, that sounds about right.  Do be sure to put EV in backup mode so nothing is archived.  

ArchiveGuy2015
Level 2

Excellent. Thanks for pointing that out Tony.